Chapter 8 - Alienation

It was nighttime, the wildly arrogant man looked silently at the reflection in the water.

       " Long live the emperor!" At the enthronement ceremony, he glanced at all the ministers bowing down.

       Looking at all the faces with pretending awe, he issued a despised smile from the bottom of his heart.

       The gentle former emperor was merely a puppet. These people would not show respect to the royal family who had last their power.

       In this high position, he needed to be prepared to sacrifice.

       To survive, he could only kill them all.

       No matter it was the top five families on a roll or the monopolistic General family.

       Looking at the people from the General family, her figure was not there.

       Of course, because she became a hostage for the top five families, as his weakness.

       It was a pity, some things were already unavoidable.

       " Kill her." He said that to the people who came to threaten him.

       " Get rid of them." He said that to the subordinates he roped in.

       " Kill her." He said that to himself.

       Gradually, the Konoe family, the Ichijou family, the Nijou family... all the people who threatened him were killed one by one.

       " Master Mizunoo, the subordinates failed to assassinate General Tokugawa, please convict us."

       "... Never mind, you may leave." He sighed.

       He was still soft-hearted.

       " I sent some trash to kill you, remember the defense! Idiot." Every time he sent out his killers, he could not help but wrote her a message.

       Because he could not.

       Because he did not want to.

       She only thought this was terrible care, but not knowing this was his cruel cowardice.

       Actually, she was damn right.

       He really was a downright bastard.

       Time might have passed a little, Jianxue slightly regained her composure.

       " Feeling better?" He asked softly.

       "...Um." She left his hug, and then finally started to observe around: " Strange, why is it so quiet? Mr. Natsu should have started..."

       " Natsu? What did he do?" He caught the key point keenly.

       " Ah... No... Nothing..." She said hesitantly, but he only reassuringly touched her head.

       Although he wanted to know what happened, in her state, it was better not to ask any more questions.

       The castle was still calm and peaceful, without having a trace of commotion.

       It should be safe for now.

       She was slightly relieved but worried after.

       " But... you took me away in front of everyone, people are going to misunderstand again..."

       After all, from other people's perspectives, he was taking " the General" away.

       " It's okay."