A long time

The next morning you woke up with a huge smile on your face and rushed to get ready. Once you were done you went to your fathers room to tell him you'd be gone for a while and
Possibly all day but he wasn't there. You went into your little sisters room and she wasn't there but your father was. He was putting all the baby things together and packed up.

"Father...why are you doing" he turned and looked at you.

"We are leaving for home"

"What?....but why aren't you still going over things with the hokage?"

"No. I stayed and worked all night saving a whole days worth of work with him and now we can return home with the good news. Go pack your things. I want to be on one fourth of the way by noon." He talked while he gathered most of the toys.

"But...wait...father...can't we stay just a bit longer?" You spoke nervously debating on telling him about the date you had planned today.

"Hmm?....why" he looked at you and the second he did you knew he'd never approve of you dating at this age let alone it being a ninja who is always on missions. It's something you could easily be swept into and that was something he'd definitely not want you to deal with until you were at least an adult.

"I...just wanted to see more of the village is all"

"..oh well. Once you're older you can come and visit whenever you'd like. Now run along and hurry with your things."

You turned around a did as he told you to. By the time you all were done it was time to leave and you left before the sun was half way to the middle of the sky.

—————

"I hope I'm not late. Did I give a time I'd be there? No I don't think so. Hell I should have" Kakashi ran over the buildings to get to your place. Once he jumped down and got to the door to knock he noticed a paper in-front of the door.

"What's this" he nearly down and opened it when he noticed it wasn't any type of mail and read it. "Wha?....they...left?" He skimmed over the note again then looked around before running to the gates.

"Did the visiting family already leave the village" he spoke to the guard out in a rush.

"Huh? Yeah they left about an hour ago"

Kakashi sighed and leaned on the desk. "Did the homage say if they were coming back any time soon?"

"No. Actually he said they can be let I and put but when we asked if they would the father just said it was debatable."

Kakashi rushed to the hokage to see for himself but never got to him but instead cleared it up with a guarding ninja that you wouldn't be back for a long time.

———————

Years have pasted. After finding out about your chakra and your secret training with lady Tsunade, you and your father had a long talk about your choices and he tested you under the agreement that if you could never beat him you'd never be a ninja. You kept training over these years and were able to go with him to visit the leaf.

You would go in hopes of seeing Kakashi on the street and bump into him but there was no luck. You even went as far as to ask more than one ninja but when you did they answered with something along the lines of :

"Kakashi Hatake? Oh he's in the Anbu Black Ops. He's probably out on a huge mission."

Each time you visited and asked it would be a similar answer.

———————-

More years passed and you never got to see him. Even when you were finally able to go on missions for your village and as help for the leaf, you never got the chance to see him.

Rumors of Kakashi and his team members floated around and just how strong they are getting . The stories of Kakashi of the Sharingan and how strong he is had reached anywhere you were adding onto the anticipation of seeing him again.

One day you were sommoned by the new hokage who has been in office for a few years. When you got there you knocked on the door and waited for a response before you walked in. Once you were let into the room you spoke being as professional as possible.

"You called to see me Hokage-" to your surprise Lady Tsunade was sitting in the chair. "Lady Tsunade?!"

She looked up and smiles wide. "Well what do you know. Is that you Y/N?"

"Yeah it's me wha-....what are you doing in the homages chair"

"Well it's my chair after all. I thought I sent for your father. What are you doing here" she got up and want over to you.

"Oh well. I took over my fathers place. He passed during a mission 5 years ago."

"...really....I'm sorry for your loss that's hard to hear"

"...it's ok...I've just been pushing on. He's at rest." She hugged you and held onto you close.

"Didn't mean to bring up the past but....To get to official work. I have a mission for you." You nodded while hugging her and after a few seconds she let go and went back to her seat. You stepped forward and stood in-front of her desk.

"Your mission today should be a walk in the park. It's a simple retrieve mission that should not take the both of you too much time."

"The both of us?....what do you mean"

Right when you finished your sentence there was a knock on the door.

"You're a little lake Kakashi" when she said his name your body froze and your heart fell into your stomach.

The door opened and closed behind you and your slightly turned your head to see who it is.

"Sorry about that Tsunade-..." he walked a few steps in and made slight eye contact with you. Your head turned back to face Tsunade quickly to try not to made it a big deal.

————-

~There's no faking it that's her. Her hair is longer and....her body....is- no no. Don't get distracted and make this a big deal...it's just...I knew it would be someone I didn't know but...I know her...right?~

1085 words
11/30/21