Back again

"Now. Here is your mission."

Both of your eyes looked at the Hokage pushi your thoughts to the side.

"This is a big go and retrieve mission. Which is why I needed the two of you. You are both top of your class recommend, failure will not be tolerated. Come back when it is finished or your cover has been blown and your lives are in great danger." She gave you both the information of what was going on and when she mentioned the object you were both surprised. "I know it seems impossible but with the two of you I believe it can be done."

"But...all do respect m,lady.....sneezing in and stealing something from the akaskie.....is this object of such need?" Tsunade put her hands on the desk and looked at you.

"As a matter of fact...yes." You nodded and took a small deep breath listening to what she had to say. "You both will be set out tomorrow first thing in the morning. Y/n I'll need you to stay in the village until then. Kakashi has volunteered to allow you to stay wi to him until then."

"He has?" You we're a little confused as to why he would do that and looked to your side and saw him rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ah haha...yeah I did but in all respect...I didn't know it would be you. I volunteered so me and whoever I was being set out with could talk and get to know each other's abilities since it would be someone I never met and worked with." He looked over at you making eye contact. "I- not that now I know it's you y/n, I wouldn't wanna have you over it's just....it's just that I didn't know it would be you is all." You chuckled hearing him stumble over his words.

"Is...there some type of past between the two of you I should know about orrr.." Tsunade looked at the both of you a bit lost as to why Kakashi of all people was acting like this.

"Well...Kakashi and met and talked a bit before I first left back in the day."

"First?" You turned and looked at him.

"Yeah. I've visited multiple times and....tried to talk with you to you know....catch up but...you were always either on a mission or busy with something."

"Oh...I'm sorry I-...I wish I knew you had visited over the years I would have tried to make time."

There was a small silence in the room while you both looked at each other.

"....oookay well...Kakashi if you don't mind I would like to talk with Y/N before you both start drooling by over each other." You both looked at her and when she finished talking the both of you blushed being a little embarrassed.

"I-uh-yes. My apologies Lady Tsunade."

"I'll give her your address so she can bring her things and...do whatever it is you were rambling on about." He nodded and backed out the room while looking at you. While he opened the door you turned and watched him leave.

Once he closed the door Tsunade got up from her chair making your attention come back to her.

"So.....it's been a while since I have seen you and so much has happened." You smiled as she came closer to you. "You even managed to do what you wanted and became a ninja. I am impressed."

"Thank you Tsunade."

"Have you mastered the jutsu I was harping you with?"

"I've tried. Without you or my father to help me it was much harder than I thought. But over time yes, I think I've mastered it." She nodded with a smile glad to hear it.

"What about that special own jutsu you said you'd create."

"That's what made me strong enough to replace my father."

"Really....well I'd like to see this new jutsu of yours. Lets go out and spar for a little. What do you say. For old times sake."

"Uh- Lady Tsunade...aren't you forgetting all the work and responsibilities you have? You can't just go out and-"

"Y/n this is Shizune. I believe you two haven't met." You looked at her and noticed she was holding a pig that was dressed in a shirt and purls.

"....hello" she nodded and looked at Tsunade again.

"I'm sorry But you have a lot of work to do." There was a small pause until Tsunade whispered so only you could hear.

"Hope you can keep up." She made a smile spread across your face just before she disappeared and you followed.

Once you both stoped you both were at the same spot where she started training bonded with you.

"So. Lets see what you got." She looked at you and crossed her arms with a light smirk on her face. Before you knew it she was inches from you starting the fight. You used substitution with the split second you had before she punched. And when she did she hit the log and broke it in half.

The smile on her face showed just how proud she was to see how much you had grown.

————

After you both tired yourselves out and drained your chakra, Tsunade took you out to drink and eat. Time slumped from the both of you as you got pretty tipsy. You could walk straight but you were a little dizzy.

When shizune came and found you both she was with Kakashi.

"There you two are- Lady Tsunade...did you get Y/N.....drunk?" Shizune questioned as she helped Tsunade to her feet.

"Uhhhh maybe a couple of drinks. But she's fine though right?" She turned and looked at you. When you looked at her you nodded agreeing but fell out of your chair.

Kakashi catches you in time and helped you to your feet but it didn't help how dizzy you were.

"I'll take Tsunade back to the mansion you... take care of her I don't know." Kakashi nodded and watched as Tsunade stumbled while walking with Shizune.

"Now...to get you back and in bed." He looked at you and ended up making eye contact. He was caught off guard by this and blushed as your hand raised up and held the side of his face.

You moved your thumb against his mask the slowly traced his lips while your eyes were stuck watching your thumb.

1090 words
12/9/21