Uchiha

A whole year has passed. You and Kakashi have found and located what Tsunade asked you both to retrieve and have only needed to get into conflict a couple of times. You located what you both think could be a possible hide out but since this was a retrieve mission you both had to stay on task no matter how vital this information was.

Your relationship with Kakashi was flourishing as you both told stories to each other about the time you both missed in each others life. Kakashi kept you safe even taking traps for you when you didn't notice them. This lead to you having to heal him a few times but nothing too major. Some moments did happen between you two but not too many. You both still just reunited so you weren't to worried about that type of relationship between the two of you. Pluse you were deep in a classified mission.

While you and Kakashi set up camp  you were talking about each other's parents.

"I'm so sorry....I had no idea you father-...."

"Well I don't usually tell the story unless...yeah it's just a pretty personal story." Kakashi looked at the fire and got lost in his throat breaking the silence. "Well....what about your parents....I know what happen to your father...I'm sorry about that."

"It's ok...he was pretty mean to my little sister while she was growing up."

"Oh.....do you mind if I ask why?" You shook your head and looks at the ground then back at Kakashi.

"I'm not exactly sure why but....she resembles my mother almost exactly......when she died it was in the Uchiha massacre."

"Wait....your mother was a member of the Uchiha clan?" You nodded your head and looked at the trees.

"She was strong and  my father loved that about her. But the fact that she was strong got her killed. Another reason why he never liked us even thinking about using our chakra. He new with that one day, if we had them, we would unlock our Sharingan."

"....and have you?"

"No. I don't know how and I don't want to."

"But why not."

".....I don't know....I guess...a part of me is scared to get so strong that there's a target on my back....but a little after my father passed my little sister unlocked it....she's been nothing but strong with that even though she doesn't know any other jutsu."

"....hmm...I see.....what if you unlock it by accident."

".....I don't know....I never thought about that."

Just as you finished your sentence a bird flew down next to Kakashi. He took a pea ice of paper off of its leg.

"It's a letter from the Hokage"

"What does it say." Kakashi took the paper and wrote on the back giving it back to the bird to return.

"We're to return after we rest."

"Why...wash this important?"

"It said to return immediately. Even though we're a good week out from the leaf. She says to go right away  after we rest and to not question it. That she'll inform us what all this was for once we arrived."

"That's strange"

The two of you got to bed and slept peacefully the rest of the night. Until you were woken up by a paper bomb.

Both you and Kakashi reacted the same waking up immediately to get out the way.

Kakashi moved his headband and searched the area with his Sharingan. As the area got quiet you moved being able to grab your kuni pouch dodging a paper bomb just barely. Kakashi was able to narrow down where the person was coming from and ran in that direction. You followed his lead and got in the trees searching while keeping an eye out watching Kakashi's back.

Someone came up behind you so quiet you didn't notice until Kakashi threw a kuni hitting the shadow clone. Your head turned to see it happened then farted back to Kakashi who looked to seen if I was okay but that distraction would have been the end of him.

The actual person came behind Kakashi as quiet as the wind. You watched this happen in slow motion almost like your life with Kakashi flashed before your eyes even though it wasn't you who's life was in danger.

Your heart started beating as your eyes started to change. You all do a sudden could see things as clear as day. Things were actually moving slower and once your foot hit the branch under you you went flying getting between Kakashi and Itachi, blocking his kuni making him stop and jump out the way going into the trees.

"An Uchiha?....I guess I missed one."

Your breathing was rapid and your eyes were getting tired from unlocking your Sharingan so quickly along with your third tomoe at once.

Your hands covered your eyes  quickly from trying to adjust. Kakashi realized this and grabbed onto you to try and keep you from falling. His eyes quickly went to lock into Itachi and kept his Sharingan on his movement.

"Are you okay?" He whispered so you could hear him.

"Y-yeah." You opened your eyes and looked  up at Itachi locking your Sharingan as well.

"Interesting....I don't remember you...and had only just unlocked your eyes....how pathetic." He started to turn into crows and they fly away. "You both are not worth my time."

"Then why even waist it in the first place." He listed his hand and pointed his two fingers to Kakashi's left as his body was turned into crows. Suddenly his arms felt empty. He turned his head quickly and saw that you weren't there. "Shit- is this genjutsu?"

Itachi dropped down from the tree branch but for some reason Kakashi didn't move his head and was still looking at the tree.

"Kakashi." You looked at him then back at Itachi as he came closer to you.

"How frail but powerful you are."

"What are you talking about." He came even closer to you then leaned down starring you straight in the eyes almost examining them. "Especially interesting."

1034 words
1/14/21