「 02; Go-to Place 」

▬▬▬▬

Here we are, the duo now in high school as a few years had passed by and the two of them became close with each other. Like bestfriends. They went to the same school, lived in the same neighborhood, but had different personalities. Though, opposites attract do they?

Reading peacefully on his phone, the boy giggled as he felt a few butterflies during one scene. As if he's the only one in the place right now.

"BOO!!"

"AHH!! I- JAY YOU MOTHERFUCKER-"

Sunghoon began chasing the other boy running away. He felt his cheeks red from embarrassment, thinking of all the things Jay could have known.

Jay on the other hand had fun scaring him. He sadly couldn't see what Sunghoon was reading on his phone that much.

"sheesh, mad Sunghoon is scary-"

"I HATE YOU!"

Sunghoon tackled Jay to the grassy field. His body falling onto the other's. Whilst the other continued laughing it off.

"no you don't"

"why are you my friend again?"

"because you love me~"

"fuck off!" The flustered boy had enough of his bestfriend teasing him and such.

"so what were you reading?"

"none of your business!!"

Sunghoon stood up and dusted his clothes off. Turning his phone on, to atleast hide his tabs from anyone who'd sneak into the device.

Jay still sat on the grass, lowkey staring at his bestfriend.

"You know, you're reaction a while ago was funny"

"Can you shut up please"

"Only for you~"

And now Sunghoon wants to leave his friend right there on the grass, as he really needs it at the moment

Although he knew that all the pick up lines and such were little jokes he got used to.

"Get up, break time is almost over"

"Yep okay~" He did what he was told and stayed by Sunghoon's side. The two of them walking towards their classroom.

"Hoonie, later? after class?"

"mhm" The younger sighed and just accepted Jay's invitation to their usual go-to place.

They've arrived in this comfy looking café. The scent of pastry and caffeine filling the air.

The duo sat down on a table which was near the window. Seeing the greenery outside and people passing by.

As they finished ordering, they thought of what to do while waiting. The both of them were quiet and awkward as they didn't know what to say.

"Here's your order sirs"

"Ah, thank you" As usual, Jay paid for the both of them since they have this alternative pattern when paying for meals. The next time they'll eat out, it's Sunghoon who's going to pay.

"Any thoughts?"

"my mind is blank" Sunghoon answered nonchalantly.

"Sunghoon, what do you think about gay people?" Jay asked out of the blue. Startling the younger.

"Why do you ask?" He let out an inaudible scoff, now playing with his food.

"Just answer my question"

"No comment" The younger replied. Jay who's brow was raised, looked at Sunghoon who's mouth was stuffed with food. He looked neutral, but also as if he wants to avoid that question.

Jay sighed, already done with his meal. Gulping down the last drops of his drink, and slumping back on his seat.

Just then, Sunghoon was also finished and looked like he wants to arrive at his home anytime soon. The older then asked, "Let's go together?"

"Sure"

They ended up sitting together on a bus. Sunghoon near the window, listening to his playlist on his own. And Jay right beside him, a bit sleepy.

The ride was peaceful, not much people on it. Sunghoon had his sight focused outside the window, only looking at how the sun was setting. Jay glanced at him, smiling at how the younger looked, his visuals shining through.

He really admired Sunghoon, his all time bestfriend. He didn't want to leave him or even let him leave his side. Which shoulder will he rest on when he disappears.

"Sunghoon, Hoon-ah, I'll take my leave now, see you!" Jay shook the almost sleeping younger, and whispered to him, enough for Sunghoon to hear.

"Alright, bye Jongseong" Jongseong. It was rare for him to hear his friend call him by his real name. And it sounds so calming, coming from Sunghoon's sleepy voice. Jay wanted to hear it all over again.

He left the younger who was now sitting all alone. It felt like the world became dull as he saw how the bus doors closed, signaling that he has now left off.

Leaving out a frustrated sigh, it wasn't that long until he would reach his place too.

▬▬▬▬

── why would you avoid that question, hm? 🤨