Chapter 15

Hello! Author here and back with an update. Yes, I have risen from the dead. I hope you've all spent your days nice and peacefully. I was bored in class, so I attempted to draw my version of S/n. Thought he turned out pretty cute and wanted to share it. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It was rushed, but I fixed some stuff.

~~~~

M/n was busy at work until he heard a knock at his door. He looked up, seeing a familiar man walking in. "Mr. L/n."

The h/c-ette turned to his son. "S/n."

The boy immediately looked over, hearing M/n get up from his chair. "What do you say you go hang out with Hirano and Fujiwara for a while?"

"Okay, Papa."

M/n then took the boy by the hand, signaling to the man that he'd be right back. He led the boy over to where Hirano had been pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Sorry to bother you, Hirano."

She looked and saw S/n, making her smile. "I'll watch over him for you."

"Thank you. I should be finished in about half an hour. If not, bring him back anyway."

"Yes, sir," Hirano replied happily.

"S/n, good manners, okay?"

The boy smiled at M/n, showing he understood. "Good. See you in a bit."

When he returned to his office, the man was standing right where he had been when he came in. "Apologies, Mr. Morisawa. Due to unexpected circumstances, I had to bring my son here with me."

"That's quite alright, Mr. L/n. You seem to manage just as well."

"He's a good kid. Always on his best behavior."

"He's indeed well-mannered. I'd say he gets it from his father."

"You flatter me, Mr. Morisawa," M/n replied, before sitting in his chair. "But, setting that aside, I'm assuming the pictures have been finalized?"

"That's correct."

The h/c-ette motioned for the man to sit down, which he did. He brought out his briefcase and opened it, taking out a folder. Inside were papers and a packet. M/n extended his hand, taking the packet he was handed by Mr. Morisawa. He opened it and took them out. There were a few sets, each held together by a paperclip and a label.

"These two sets were pictures taken of the injuries sustained by the victims. The rest included any other signs of abuse."

The first set M/n held was of Levi's injuries. The second was of any Mikasa sustained. He set them aside and looked at the rest. "Can I look at them individually?"

Mr. Morisawa nodded, M/n continuing to take off the paperclip. He spread them out on his desk so he was able to see them all clearly.

"We found a dent in the wall near the kitchen," Mr. Morisawa said, pointing to one picture. "It was determined to be made by someone who collided with it."

"Forceful impact?"

"That's right."

M/n's gaze then drifted to another picture. "There was a leather belt found just near the living room. It showed signs of being worn, a few visible tears. The same thing used to cause the young girl's injury."

Mr. Morisawa took out the picture he was referring to, showing him the marks found on Mikasa's arm. Considering M/n's line of work, it would be a lie to say he hadn't seen injuries resulting from abuse before. However, that didn't mean that he got used to it. It still pained him all the same. More so considering Mikasa and S/n were around the same age.