Chapter 17

"I've gathered up a lot more information since we last spoke," M/n said, motioning to the folders sitting on his desk. 

He had already managed to gather up two folders filled with papers. The one he currently had was one filled with both notes and photos.

"Before I ask any questions, are there any concerns? Any other information you would like me to know about?"

Levi thought for a second, trying to come up with any other piece of information he could give him. 

"It's alright if nothing comes to mind right now," M/n reassured. "Please feel free to let me know anytime."

Levi nodded and watched as M/n gathered up the various folders where he had separated the information. "This is all the photographic evidence that was found inside the home."

Before he opened it, he looked at Levi. "Are you alright with taking a look?"

The shorter male wondered why his lawyer had asked such a question, but then he realized that M/n asked out of consideration for him. 

"Yes, that's fine."

M/n accepted the answer and opened the folder, rotating it so they could both see. "I'll explain everything so we're on the same page. And as I said before, if there's anything at all that you want to say, feel free to interrupt me and let me know."

He then took some of the pictures and spread them out so Levi could see them all individually. 

"These were all taken inside the kitchen. I've made my own assumptions and theories, of course, but I'd like to hear from your perspective as well."

Levi motioned toward one of the images. "The dents on the table... R/n dealt with a lot of anger. He'd bang on the table. The force from his hits made those. Its legs are also loose."

M/n noted it down, making sure to mention which picture was referred to as well. "Alright."

The (h/c)-ette simply allowed Levi to speak, listening intently and writing down key pieces of information. They sorted through more and more. 

With each picture and each explanation, M/n could feel a bit of anger boiling inside him. However, he suppressed that feeling, keeping a formal and professional attitude. 

By the time they had finished, it was already quite late and M/n's notebook was filled with a lot more information than when he had started. 

Three hours flew by fast, neither of them having realized. When the (h/c)-ette finally took notice, he apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we had been talking for so long."

"It's fine."

It was about time to eat. That alone made M/n feel more terrible. Then, he thought of an idea.

"Say, Levi."

The mention of Levi's name made both of them feel slightly weird, but it disappeared as soon as M/n began talking again.

"Are you hungry by any chance? To make up for having talked for so long, I'd like to treat you to something."

"It's alright. You don't have to--"

"I know I don't. I want to."

Levi considered the (h/c)-ette's words for a bit. Then, he nodded. "Alright."

--

"Do you do this with all of your clients?"

M/n shook his head. "No. I'm usually very conscious of the time. I hate to keep my clients for longer than I should. They've got a life to live as much as I do."