Chapter 3

"Why are you so useless?!"

Levi could do nothing but stay on the ground. New bruises were forming on his delicate skin. His cheek stung from the hit he received from his husband. "No, Papa! Don't hurt Daddy!"

"No...M-Mikasa...", Levi muttered as he used his remaining strength to get up.

R/n turned to the small girl. Although she was scared, she stood her ground. "What did you say, you little brat?!"

He began walking towards her, making Levi's eyes widen. Just before Mikasa was hit, Levi got in front of her, receiving the hit instead. "Daddy!"

"Get out of the way!"

He hit Levi before kicking him away. The shorter male inhaled sharply as his back made contact with the wall. "Papa...", Mikasa whimpered, stepping back. 

Her eyes widened in fear as he took off his belt. "No, Papa!"

"M...Mikasa...", Levi groaned, as he struggled to get up. 

Mikasa let out a small scream as R/n hit her, the leather making contact with her arm, which she had put up to cover her face. "Leave her alone...!", he shouted in anger. "Don't touch her...!"

Levi forced his tired, beaten up body to move. His eyes landed on a vase. He immediately picked it up and smashed it against R/n's head, knocking him unconscious. Not caring about the pieces of glass on the floor, he ran over to Mikasa. "Baby, are you okay?"

He held the crying girl in his arms kissing her forehead before struggling to get back up. "We're leaving...and we're never coming back..."

Levi held Mikasa in his grasp tightly as he left the house, not looking behind him. Although his legs felt weak, he continued walking. Some neighbors who heard the commotion and Mikasa's cries stepped out of their houses. A couple of them rushed back in to call the police. 

--

-M/n-

"Your honor, the evidence is clear to see that the mother has little to no involvement in the child's life. The contact between her and the father is very little."

"Where's the evidence, Mr. L/n?"

M/n presented the evidence. "Your honor, the child wishes to stay with her father. She has had no contact with her mother whatsoever. In fact, she says she has never met her. Mr. Kawashima has confirmed this."

The judge then turned to the woman. "Do you have any rebuttal, defendant?"

"Your honor, the mother has indeed been in contact with the child and the father--"

"Your honor, if I may, I showed you evidence against this--"

"She has shown her face in front of the child."

"Mr. Miyahara, when you come to my courtroom, I want no lies to leave anyone's mouths. That includes both parties present. Mr. L/n has shown me the evidence. Mrs. Kawashima has not been in the presence of the child since birth. That is now shown to be fact. There's plenty of evidence as well as testimonies to back this up. You come to my court requesting custody over Naomi Kawashima. Rightful custody is given to Ryuhei Kawashima--"

"What?! She's my daughter!"

"She has never been your daughter! When have you been there for her?!"

"Silence! Silence in the court!"

The room became silent, but heavy with tension. Both parents sending glared in each other's direction. "My word is final. Case closed."

"You can't do that! Let me go! She's my daughter!"