Chapter 6

Levi yawned and stretched, hearing that satisfying pop. He got up and grabbed whatever he needed, ready to start the day. Once he was freshened up, he went downstairs. The smell of sizzling bacon straight out of the oven, the sweet aroma of buttery pancakes drizzled with syrup, the sugary but soft smell of chocolate, freshly scrambled eggs, and the rich scent of coffee wafted in the air. His stomach started growling at the thought of all the food.

As soon as he got downstairs, his eyes widened. There he was. M/n L/n, in all his glory, helping Levi's mom make breakfast. "Morning, daddy", Mikasa said greeted.

He turned his gaze towards her as she stuffed a piece of her pancake in her mouth. He smiled gently and ruffled her hair. "Good morning, dear. Did you sleep well?"

"U-Uh, yeah. I did."

"Great! Sit down! Mr. L/n here helped with making breakfast! It's delicious!"

"Please, Mrs. Ackerman. It was my pleasure. After all, I did arrive rather early."

"Hun, Mr. L/n came by to speak more about the case. But, I won't let you talk on an empty stomach! You too, Mr. L/n! Please. Sit and enjoy! We're all family here!"

"My apologies, Mrs. Ackerman, but I'm afraid I already ate."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"Very well. Thank you for helping out anyway! It was very much appreciated."

Levi sat down and gazed at the plates set out in front of him.

No offense to him or anything, but...I thought rich people cooked fancier things and ate classier food...Does he...make this at home when he has breakfast? Still...

Levi gulped as saliva began accumulating in his mouth.

It smells too good to resist.

He picked up his utensils and began eating. The food practically melted in his mouth. He had never tasted food so richly flavored before. At least, not to the point that he considered it to be a holy dish made by the gods He was impressed.

Tall, good-looking, strong, intelligent, knows how to cook, owns his own business, probably has a really big mansion, has a really nice car, is kind, caring, considerate. What else does this guy have? M/n L/n, where have you been all my life?

--

Levi didn't know what to do as he sat in front of M/n. It was kind of awkward for him. "So, I know you told me the story of what happened already. But, could you give me specific details on the matter? If you're not comfortable, just tell me and we'll move on."

"Well...", Levi started.

He was a bit uncomfortable, but he could still tell him what he wanted to know. M/n nodded as he listened, writing down key information he knew he would need. "And, that's about it."

"I see."

Levi watched as M/n wrote something else down and shifted papers around before setting them on the table. "Have you and your daughter gotten treatment?"

This question threw Levi off guard. "W...What?"

"Are both of you okay?"

"O-Oh, uh, yes. We are. Thanks for asking..."

"That's good to hear."

He then pushed some papers to the side and put some other ones inside a folder. "I already told you that I'd be taking your case. I hope to get your full cooperation in this matter."