Chapter 7

M/n smiled as he looked at S/n, who was stuffing his mouth with food. "Slow down, bud, or you'll choke."

Misaki squealed as she saw the little boy with stuffed cheeks. "Aww~ He looks like a little chipmunk~!"

As S/n tried to gulp down his food, he had to cough. M/n put down whatever he had and gently hit his back, a look of worry on his face. "Are you okay?", he asked as soon as S/n calmed down.

He nodded. "I told you not to stuff your mouth too much."

"Sorry, Papa..."

M/n shook his head and handed him a glass of water, telling him to drink it. S/n gave it back and M/n placed it on the table. Misaki looked at her older brother with a smile. "Wow~ It's been a while since I've seen you act so soft."

"Huh?"

"When I hear about you on TV and see you in magazines, you always look so serious. Even back when we were kids. It's nice to see you act like that."

M/n looked away in embarrassment. "Shut up, Misaki..."

She smirked, deciding to take this opportunity to tease him. "Aww~! Big bro's embarrassed!"

"Please, be quiet."

As Misaki continued, M/n glanced towards his parents, seeing them smile at him. "Actually, Misaki, he's been acting soft all day today. He even smiled when he arrived."

"Oh! I saw that too!", his mother joined in.

M/n sighed as he listened to all the teasing he was getting. But, he smiled a little anyway.

--

"Goodnight, S/n."

"Night, night...Papa...", S/n barely managed to say as he closed his eyes.

M/n properly covered S/n with the small, f/c blanket decorated with (cartoon/theme). He ruffled his hair a little, pushing the little boy's bangs to the side. As he sat on the edge of the bed, watching as S/n's little snores filled the room, he started remembering the past.

<Flashback>

"M/n...?"

"What is it, Hinako?"

"Am I interrupting?"

"Not at all. Come in."

She walked towards the seat across from me. She looked hesitant to say something. I looked at her in concern. "Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

"You look nervous. Did something happen?"

"Actually..."

I set down the papers in my hand and got up, going over to her side. I took her hands in mine, looking into her emerald green eyes. "Tell me what's wrong. I'm here for you, Hinako. Always."

"M/n...I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened at her words. She looked scared. To ease her fear and nervousness, I smiled gently. "Hinako...that's wonderful news."

She smiled in return, but I could see in her eyes the fear that was still there. I looked down at her stomach to see that it was indeed just a little bigger and rounder. "I'm so blind to have not noticed."

"It was my fault. I was scared of what you would say."

"Well...I'm happy."