Part 2: Childhood

The Sandaime Hokage sat in his chair. He wanted to mourn the death of Minato and Kushina but he had other things to worry about.

"Hound!"  the Third Hokage yelled out.

An Anbu Shinobi immediately appeared infront of The Sandaime Hokage.

"Hai Hokage-sama!" said the Anbu as he knelt down, showing respect.

"Hound, take of your mask" The Sandaime Hokage asked politely.

The Anbu took off his mask revealing another mask that covers his face from his mouth to nose. His silver-grey hair shining because of the moonlight. He had a scar down his left eye, which was a Sharingan. 

"Kakashi, I am sorry for your loss."  The Third Hokage said, sadness overwhelming his face.

Kakashi didn't respond. He was obviously saddened by the news of his Sensei passing but he was sort of used to people he cared about dying. He had lost his father, friends and now his sensei. Kakashi's depression couldn't get any worse as it already was.

"Hokage-sama I-"  Kakashi said before he was interrupted by the Third.

"Please, just call me Hiruzen."

"Hai Hiruzen-san. What do you need me to do?"  Kakashi said nervously.

"We need to talk about something. As you well know, Kushina gave birth on that night. To a beautiful baby boy. 

Hiruzen looks to a corner in the room and mumbles 

"Bring him in."  

A couple seconds pass as the door opens. Another Anbu brings in a yellow haired boy wrapped in a grey blanket into the room. Kakashi immediatly saw the kids bright yellow hair. He knew it was his Sensei's child, his Sensei's legacy. He had a slight idea of what was about to happen. 

"Kakashi."

The grey haired boy looked at the old man.

"As soon as I saw the boy. I felt that I needed to protect him. I can't let Minato and Kushina down. I don't know how to say this but, Kakashi will you please take him in and adopt him?"

Kakashi knew this was coming but he was still shocked.

"Bu- But I'm only fourteen..." Kakashi said 

"I know it's a big thing to request but I believe you're the right person to do the job. You we're Minato's student. He had alot of trust in you. I'm sure him and Kushina would be proud to have you raise their child.  Hiruzen said with a comforting smile on his face.

Kakashi looked at the boy. A smile formed under his mask. He knew he couldn't say no and let the boy live a life of without a fatherly figure. He had experienced that and he know what it can do to somebody.

Kakashi looked up at Hiruzen

"Hai, I'll do it."

Hiruzen nodded as he said,

"I've got a small apartment ready for you and the boy."

Kakashi nodded before asking,

"What's his name?"

"Naruto."  Hiruzen replied.

Kakashi did an eye smile.

XXXXXXXXXX

(Timeskip) (About 2 Months)

Kakashi had deeply underestimated how hard it would be to raise a child alone. Up all night trying to stop his crying, waking up early tired. However the kid started growing on him. 

One day Kakashi had been taking a stroll through the park holding Naruto who was crying. When suddenly a voice chuckled and said,

"Hatake Kakashi, a father?"  

Kakashi turned around ready to drop whoever mocked him until he saw a certain crimson eyed, black haired female.

"Don't laugh at me Kurenai-chan."  Exclaimed Kakashi.

Kurenai replied with,

"Relax Ka-Kun, I was only joking."  

Kakashi started to blush at Kurenai under his mask. He'd always had a soft spot for her. He couldn't stop staring at her. Kurenai was about to ask him why he was staring until Naruto started to cry.

Kakashi groaned as he'd been crying all day until five minutes ago. 

Kurenai giggled as she said,

"Give him to me, I'll let you rest your arms."

Kakashi handed him over to Kurenai as fast as he could. Relief instantly filled his mind and body.

Naruto stopped crying suddenly. He looked into the girl's crimsion eyes and started to smile. Kakashi got jealous.

"What the hell!"  he yelled out 

Kurenai started to giggle again.

 Kurenai saw the bag under his right eye from the lack of sleep and looked at him. She lightly smiled.

"Ka-kun? You look exhausted."

Kakashi looked at her, he was trying so hard to stay awake. He hasn't slept for about two days.

"Kurenai-chan. Please give him back. I have to go home."

Kurenai looked at him.

"Baka! You look like your about to pass out, you could barely carry him."

Kakashi started to blush again. 

"I'll come over and help you take care of him for the night."

Kakashi blushed even harder. He felt his heart rate increase dramaticaly.

"Kur- Kurenai-chan, I don't mean to be a burden."  Kakashi said nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"Nonsence. You probaly haven't had a good sleep for awhile. Plus we haven't hung out in forever. I've missed my ka-kun"  she said in a flirtatious tone.

Kakashi shrieked. He had never been this nervous in his whole life.

Kurenai giggled even more before they both walked to Kakashi's apartment.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

(AN)

Feedback here please!

So here's the end of the second chapter. I had nothing else to do today so I wrote the second chapter. Next chapter will be Naruto entering the Academy. Sorry for not getting onto it this chapter. I just wanted to do a little background on Naruto's 'father' and 'mother' figure. As you can probally tell Kakashi is going to be paired up with Kurenai (Sorry Asuma). I was having a little think on who and decided to pick Kurenai for whatever reasons. 

Thank you for reading and I'll see you soon,

(29/11/21) (8:20 PM)