Part 5: Confession

(TW Mention of Suicide)

Naruto woke up to the sight of Kurenai glaring at him.

"Naruto! Wake up or you're going to be late!"

Naruto shot up quickly, not wanting to face the wrath of his Kaa-san again. He shivered in fear as he remembered what happened to him when he got home a few nights ago.

Kurenai gave a little smile to Naruto as she saw him get out of bed. She then procceded to exit him room, giving him some privacy.

Naruto exited his bed and dragged his tired body over to his wardrobe. Today was the day he thought to himself, exam day. The sleepy boy slowly opened the wardrobe door. He yawned as he grabbed his usual attire. Black Anbu pants with a black longsleeved shirt. The boy took fashion inspiration from his Tou-san. Naruto walked up to the mirror in his room, taking a look at himself. He gave a big smile as he pulled his mask up over the bottom half of his face.

The boy grabbed his kunai pouch, strapping it to his left leg. He also grabbed the short sword Kakashi gave to him on his twelfth birthday. Apparently it was a Hatake heirloom passed down from father to son. He eye-smiled as he holstered it to his back. Naruto then put his hands behind his head and exited his room.

"Yo, Naruto." Kakashi said while giving his son an eye-smile.

"Goodmorning, Tou-san" Naruto replied with.

"Tou-san? Why do you always read that book? Can I read it?"

Kakashi closed the book in a flash. He rubbed the back of his head as he told Naruto to quiet down, not wanting Kurenai to hear. Too late. Kurenai had already appeared behind Kakashi. The grey haied man froze in fear. Naruto knew that was his que to go. He grabbed an apple as he ran out the door. He yelled out his goodbye to his parents as he ran to meet up with Tenten.

xxxxxxxxxx

Naruto continued to run as he didn't know if he was late or not. He looked around, trying to find the so called master of all weapons. He started to laugh inside thinking that maybe she was the one who was late until all of a sudden his world came to a halt.

There she was, her deep, dark brown eyes the doorways to her soul, were glistening in the sunshine. Her soft, silky brown hair tied into two neat buns. Her pink vest like shirt and her dark green pants covering her body. But most importantly her Hitai-ate tied around her forhead.

She had a big grin on her face, her pearly whites so perfect. She was blushing-

"Wait? Why is she blushing?" Naruto thought to himself.

She hadn't noticed him. He was sure of it.

It suddenly hit him. It felt like a lightning blade to the heart. Naruto clutched his chest as his breathing increased. His smile immediately left his face. Naruto fell onto his knees, trying to get an ounce of air into his lungs.

There stood Tenten, hugging and blushing at her teammate Neji.

All Naruto felt was pain. He didn't know why it hurt. He wanted it to stop, to end but it didn't.

Tenten's POV

I stopped hugging Neji as I suddenly heard a villager whisper something,

"The demon looks like he's having a heart attack."

My eyes widened in shock as I knew who they were talking about.

I turned around, letting go of Neji and quickly scanned the area looking for him.