Part 4: Friendship

Naruto woke up to the sound of his alarm blaring out loud. The now twelve year old boy let out a sigh. He reached over and smacked the clock turning the alarm off. His Kaa-san would usually wake him up but her and Kakashi both had been assigned missions. The grey-haired boy wanted to get up and get ready but he couldn't. His body ached, his head hurt and he had cuts and bruises all over his body. He pushed himself too hard last night. Naruto rubbed his head as he tried to remember the rigorous training his Tou-san scheduled for him.

(Flashback) 

The sound of two swords clashing filled the air. Naruto gritted his teeth as he tried to push back against a certain purple haired Anbu. The boy's body was drenched in sweat. His grunted in pain as he broke the deadlock between him and his enemy. 

"Naruto, is that all you've got?"  The Anbu said, not showing signs of fatigue.

"Yugao-sensei, I was about to ask you the same thing"  Naruto said with an eye smile.

Naruto immediately dashed foward changing the way he was gripping his sword from a front grip to a reverse one. Yugao watched the boy carefully trying to figure out what he was doing. Naruto then swung his sword with his right hand. Yugao saw this and prepared her sword to block it. Naruto smirked as he quickly spun the sword around and switched it to his left hand, suprising the Anbu. The masked boy swung his weapon at his enemy, but was suprised when it was blocked. He was suprised until he recieved a kick to the stomach. He winced in pain as he hit the ground. Yugao appeared infront of him and put her sword to his neck. 

"I yield, Yugao-sensei."  Naruto said trying to take his mind off the pain.

Yugao smiled and replied,

"You have gotten better Naruto. I am proud."

Naruto had a slight grin on his face before he passed out from the pain and exhaustion.

(End Flashback)

Naruto's face enveloped his face as he remembered those three words. However Naruto's joy was interrupted as he heard someone open his door and say,

"Naruto-kun! You're late!"

"Oh no. Crap, crap, crap!"  he thought to himself as Tenten walked through his door.

He had forgotten that they always walked to the academy together. Naruto felt bad as he saw the dissapointment on her face.

"Naruto-kun, I know you're always late to other things, but you're never late to meetup and walk with me."  Tenten said, sadness filling her face.

Naruto felt really bad now. He groaned in pain as he tried to get up but fell over onto the ground. Tenten gasped in shock as she saw the bad condition his body was in. She quickly ran over to Naruto and saw the cuts and bruises covering his body. Now she was the one feeling bad. She wanted to pick him up and hug him but she couldn't help but notice his chiseled, well toned body and blushed. Naruto then looked up at her and noticed her red face. He was confused as he didn't know why she was blushing. He wondered why. He had seen Kurenai blush at Kakashi whenever he was shirtless and came to the conclusion that Tenten was also blushing over the fact that he was too.

Suddenly Naruto took a deep breath and stood up. Tenten was about to scold Naruto until she saw that the bruises and cuts healing. She was shocked. Naruto wasn't as he remember his Tou-san saying that he had a special power. He had noted the other times he healed pretty fast. Tenten looked away again and started to blush. She was on her knees trying not too look up at the boy. 

"Sorry Hime."  Naruto said with a grin on his face, causing Tenten to go a dark crimson colour. Naruto loved calling her that as she's always tried to hide or run away. He giggled and laughed out loud. Tenten was about to speak until she saw his door fling open even more.