Night Raid

Glenn's body hung vertical for the briefest moment, suspended in an ephemeral moment in time, then he collapsed, head still firmly stuck into the tree. The rest of him hit the ground in an uncomfortable position, but Glenn was still breathing.

Taku looked at the injured man as he hesitated. The hesitation only lasted a second before he walked towards the tree. He quickly pulled Glenn into a sitting position breaking the man's arm.

"Ahh!" Glenn let out a scream as he felt the pain all over his body. He was already gravely injured and the pain Taku brought this time around made him want to beg for death. He stared venomously at Taku, but behind that ruthlessness, there was a hint of fear.

He could clearly tell that he was at least a level higher than Taku, but in the end, he was still beaten into such a state.

They had been told about how powerful Gutu people were, and this was the first he had fought with one in a one on one fight like this. When his comrades came back with the trio of captives he had begun to doubt all the rumors about the Gutu.

Some of his teammates had been killed off by the trio, but he just assumed that it was due to their carelessness but after fighting with a Gutu soldier he realized that he had greatly underestimated the people from the Gutu Empire.

Taku on the other hand just squatted down and stared expressionlessly at the man.

"How many of you are there?" Taku Asked.

Glenn just sneered and looked sideways, even though he could not understand what Taku was saying he knew that the man in front of him was trying to get some information out of him. It was clear that he was not going to give Taku any information. Seeing this Taku just smiled and grabbed the arm that was yet to be broken by him, but what surprised Glenn was that Taku did not break it, instead, he grabbed one of Glenn's fingers and began to pull.

Puchi!

"Ahhhh! ... You fucking asshole." Glenn couldn't help but scream in pain after Taku ripped off one of his fingers. The pain he was feeling at the moment was enough to make a normal man unconscious. On the other hand, Taku was quite surprised because he noticed that the man's way of speech was very similar to the English language that was spoken on earth.

He suddenly smiled wryly as he realized that the man probably had no idea about what he had just asked him. Taku cleared his throat and surprised the man by his next sentence.

"Do you really think I don't understand your language? Now tell me how many people there are at your camp."

Glenn was greatly shocked when he heard Taku speak his language. There were certain parts that he did not really grasp but he ultimately got the gist of the information that Taku really wanted. He had been told that only nobles in the Gutu empire studied other continents' languages.

Is this child part of a noble's family?

This prospect had clearly excited Glenn as he knew the rewards he would get if he brought a noble back to the camp but this excitement quickly died down as he realized that he was no match for the boy in front of him.

He gritted his teeth and ignored the pain as he stared at Taku with a mocking smile.

Taku just smiled as he ripped off another finger.

"Ahhhh! F*ck" and these actions were repeated three more times. At the moment Glen couldn't wait to die. He regretted bringing Taku so far away from the camp. He knew that none of his comrades could hear his screams.

"You know..." Glenn stated. "Your friends will die if you keep me here for long. Do you not care about your people? Why don't you let me go and go save them? It's not like I am of any danger to you now." Glenn had said this with a pleading look on his face.