15

As she ran down the road she saw who a huddled group of people. One of whom had the mark of the signature and unmistakable mark of Amy March. The group disbanded and she watched as Teddy waited by for a carriage. As she ran her shoes made sound as the connected with the stone ground and Teddy's head snapped towards her direction. He spotted her with a confused look in his eyes.

Charity stopped in her place when she met his warm brown eyes. Her anxiety preventing her from moving any closer. 

"Cherry?' he called out.

This was enough to keep her moving her short rest had filled her with more stamina. She dropped her bags where she was and ran towards the boy. She felt the wind rush by her as she crossed the cobblestone path and into the boys arms.

He stumbled back at her impact embracing her tightly. When she pulled away he looked down at her, "What are you doing back here"

She found herself unable to form words. She stumbled of her words as she spoke, "I'm not marrying Matthew" she said through tears.

Laurie looked down at her in worry, "What?" he said angerly, "Where is he" Teddy asserted himself. But Cherry's tears were not of sadness but of relief instead.

She grabbed his hand as Teddy brought his attention back to her "No, Teddy. I am the cause" she said. They stood in silence for a moment, "And you are under no obligation to say or do anything" She looked down at the ground, "I just didn't love him as I should. I just didn't love him as I loved- love you" she corrected herself. she breathed out harshly, "So we don't need to talk about it or say anything-" she said embarrassed.

 Her declaration was cut off but a warm passionate kiss. Teddy lifted her chin and brought her face towards his and brought his lips towards hers. She brought her arms around his neck and leaned into hi further as he gripped her waist tightly.

The tension between them melted away, finally pulling apart after what felt like centuries.  They looked at each other smiling.

Due to the grief that had been endured by the March family, the 2 decided to keep their relation a secret. However, one day when eating dinner with their family Marmee came up behind the girl and whispered into her ear, "Do not feel the need to hide your happiness because of us. This family could use a bit of joy right now" she said before patting the girl and Teddy on the shoulders.

The rest of the night Charity and Laurie leaned close to each other and embraced each other frequently until Amy stood up from Fred's side, "Oh my Lord! You and Teddy" she said in shock.

"Oh, has it finally happened? Have my lovebirds found out their love for each other at last" Teddy and Cherry took turns recounting the details of their kiss for the rest of the night as all the people leaned in to hear this act of love.

"Oh my. It truly is like a scene out of a well written novel" Jo exclaimed in awe. Meg held on tightly to John's arm. "How romantic" she said nuzzling her head into his shoulder.

------

Soon after that night, Laurie had planned to take Cherry on a beautiful walk through the crisp trees. Charity dressed warmly and elegantly as Laurie took her arm into his. He walked around until getting to a point over looking the sea. They stopped and Charity looked over the horizon, "I never want to sail across this see away from you again' she said turning around.

Laurie was kneeling down on one knee, "And I pray you never have to" he said as Charity covered her mouth with her hands, "Cherry. I feel this has all been said before and no words could ever express my love to you. But I have you here now. You are here with me now and I feel like I'm on top of the world every time I'm with you" he broke off into sobs, "And nothing- nothing could make me happier than- than if you said-"

"Yes" she knelt down to his level. "yes, yes, yes" she said smiling and kissing him. He stood up with her in his arms as he swung her gently side to side without breaking their lips apart. "I love you, Teddy" she said into his arms pulling away to get a view of his face.

"And I love you, Mrs. Laurence-Loveheart" he smiled and Charity kissed him once more before finishing their walk and going home to tell the family their news.