17

4 years later...

It was the anniversary of Marmee and Mr. March. All the grown children had came together arm in arm. Meg held Daisy and John held Demi in his arm as they conversed with Jo and Katy who stood by each other happily. Meg had originally opposed of the idea but had her mind changed with the help of Amy who found it and exotic love. 

Amy held a young daughter in her hands, Elizabeth (Bess) Vaugh, named after her sister. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl who they only hoped would grow up have as great as her legacy.

As the family conversed Charity and Teddy pushed through the door. "Hello, everyone" Cherry said struggling as she held two baby boys in her arms. She waited for her husband as he brought in their baby girl. 

"Hello, lovely ladies" Laurie greeted his friends as he gave them each tender hugs. Amy looked at the babies in their arms, "Oh, how I wish I had more arms so I could manage all the babies at once. Look how sweet they are!" Amy said kindly.

Jo rushed forwards and held out her arms, "Our babies now. Kate, dear grab the other two" Jo said as she held the baby boy in her hands. Kate held the baby girl. "How are you doing Charli? No big adventures yet, huh?" Jo said at the baby in her arms.

"Hi, Matthew. Sweet baby. how are you" Katy cooed, "Wow, Lorelai. Look at you, I like your little hat"

"Like her mama" Teddy said, reminiscently placing his hat on his wife's head. He nuzzled his head against hers and kissed the top of it softly.

Jo looked at Katy, "I want one" she said hopefully. 

Katy laughed, "We'll see" she said.

"And how is baby Bess doing" Cherry said rushing towards Amy.

"Oh, yes, please take her. If she sings as well as she cries she will own up to her name in no time" Amy said exhaustedly. Cherry took the baby in her arms and showed her off to Laurie. They group prepared a sweet cake that they had prepared for the celebration.

They lay about in the backyard and mingled some more before Jo brought the cake out and the rest followed her down towards where Marmee and Mr. March stood. They gathered around the couple and whispered their words of thanks. 

"Marmee, I could never thank you enough for showing me the kindness that you have. No amount of gratitude can express the way I feel about how you loved me. How you raised me as one of your own. Your compassion was and is unmatched by no other, and I love you deeply for that" Charity said kissing Mrs. March's cheek.

Marmee looked around her. She looked at her children and their husbands and their children. She studied the two kids she had taught and nurtured as if her own family and how they had grown to be married. She looked at all the love around her.

"Oh, my girls" she said, wanting to stretch her arms around all of them and embrace them tightly, "however long you may live, I never can wish you a greater happiness than this!"