13

"Escort him to royal pack lands and give this letter to the King." I say to the three warriors that are taking the nearly dead former Alpha to the royal pack.

Not all traditions need upheld. He lost but I am not a murderer. Alpha Alic can choose what to do with him.

"Gather the pack in the main hall." I tell another warrior before walking into the house. I go straight to my room, shower, and dress before going to the main hall.

"Greetings Ice Winters Pack." I begin and the room goes quiet. "The former Alpha Ronald has lost his challenge and is in route to the royal pack for sentencing. I Alpha Bane Alexander Haught claim my rightful position as Alpha." I say and scan the room for a response.

"What about a Luna? Isn't that why you were gone for so long? Searching for a mate." Someone asks.

"It was and by some stroke of luck I was given a second chance mate." I answer.

"Those are fairy-tales!"

"I thought so too but wow... those sparks are something else..." I smile as I chuckle a bit and many mated wolves join me.

"So where is she?"

"Hannah, come up here please." I hold out a hand and slowly I see her walk toward the stage.

"She has a pup!"

"Not his"

"Reject"

"Not Luna."

"Tainted bloodline"

The comments fly but my mate keeps her head high.

"Alpha with all due respect we can not condone this pairing. She was previously mated." An Elder says.

"Hence us being second chance mates. I see no problem here. She is mine now." I respond.

"She has a child." Another adds.

"Who I have claimed as my own by blood. Oliver is my son... my blood." I tell them and they all gasp.

"That is an old rite." A man says.

"One that is above reproach. Hannah is my mate so no one will harm her." I say showing my mating mark. "I am not asking permission I am telling you what has been done."

The elders whisper for a moment before turning to Hannah and I, Ollie in her arms. "Alpha." They nod to me. "Luna." Another nod accepting Hannah. The elders walk away but I have a feeling I am going to get an ear full later.

"Are there any other questions for me?" I ask the pack. When no one responds I close the meeting and take Hannah to my room with Oliver and Libby.

"How did you survive and since when do you have a mate!?" Libby yells as soon as I close the door.

"Libby this is Hannah and Oliver, my mate and son." I introduce them.

"Hi." Libby says. "Now answer my questions." I chuckle at the angry munchkin.

"Hannah saved my life. We found out we were mates later. I accepted Oliver as my son. There I've answered you questions now be nice." I tell her and watch the information flip through her brain as she processes everything. It's like you can see the gears turn in her head and I try not to laugh at he facial expression.

"You are Alpha now. Grandfather is gone. The elders are ticked. You have a mate and I'm an aunt... cool." Libby shrugs before giving me a hug. "Don't ever scare me like that again! Grandfather was going to make me mate the male of his choosing when I turn 13. He said he would choose the next Alpha and I would be his mate... I'm glad I don't have to do that now."

"He what!?" I yell and Hannah puts her hand on my shoulder.

"None of that will happen now so calm down." She says before turning to my sister. "It's very nice to meet you, Libby."

"You too... can I play with the baby?" Libby responds.

"Sure Ollie loves to play." Hannah answers then sets Oliver down and nods for me to step away from the kids. "Do you think the elders are going to try anything?" She asks in a low voice.

"Not much they can do. It's why we did it before coming here." I tell her.

"But what if they"

"Alpha." A knock on the door cuts her off.

"Enter." I answer guiding Hannah behind me.

"The elders want to talk to you in your office." The young wolf says as soon as he opens the door. Hannah gives me an I told you so look and I sigh.

"Keep Olli and Libby close. If I tell you to run, run." I ming link Hannah before following the scared young wolf to my office.

"What's your name pup?" I ask the kid. He can't be more than 16.

"Paxton." He answers.

"So how mad are they, Pax?" I ask with a chuckle. He seems to relax at that.

"Hard to tell... they are always mad." He responds and we both laugh.

"You got a family? Seems odd someone as young as you playing guard." I ask.

"Just me. Ma and Dad were string wolves but died in war... you know my ma was the only woman warrior in the pack!?" He says proud of his parents.

"Thats impressive. Especially in this pack." I tell him and he smiles.

"Yea... I'm 15 and already a ranked warrior. Guess it's in the blood." He says and I stop to look at him. He seems skinny at first glance but if you really look you can tell he is all muscle.

"I know my way to the office." I tell him. "Will you do me a favor?" Once he nods I ask him to go back to my room if things go south Hannah could use some backup.

"What seems to be the problem?" I ask the elders as soon as I enter the office.