14

"The pup" an elder is quick to answer.

"He is mine." I sat without hesitation.

"No, he isn't. You can claim him all you want but one look at that boy and anyone would know he is not yours." Another says.

"So you're racist... good to know. You can leave." I tell him and his jaw drops.

"I am an elder of this pack!" The man yells.

"You were... anyone else have an issue with my son not being white?... no?... good. I claimed him by blood. He is mine and he is an Alpha so there is no problem here." I say and none of them dare to speak against their Alpha. "Was that all?"

When no one responds I simply walk back to the door then look over my shoulder at the old men. "Oh and don't summon me to my office. Make an appointment. I'm the Alpha here not you."

I walk straight to my room to ease Hannah's nerves.

"Get out!" I hear Paxton yell and run the rest of the way to my room.

"She is my sister! I am head of my family! I OWN her and that runt she birthed!" A man yells at the teen.

"She is your Luna and deserves respect! She doesn't belong to you!" The boy yells. I'd smile if the man wasn't twice the kid's size.

"Out of my way shrimp!" The man growls pushing Paxton.

Just as I am about to step in the kid grabs the man's arm spinning him around and twisting it behind his back. A kick to the back of the knee drops the man who is then pinned to the ground.

"Good job Pax... you girls okay?" I ask looking into the room. Both Hannah and Libby nod and the guy growls.

"Let me up!" He growls clawing Paxton with his free arm. The boy flinched as the claws dig into his side but keeps holding the larger male down. That's it!

I growl as I grab the man. Pax jumps up allowing me to take over.

"What do you have to say about MY Mate?!" I growl at him as I hold him up by his throat.

"She is my family. I am the head of my house. I haven't given permission for her to be mated." He growls as best he can with my hand around his neck.

"Hannah is a grown woman who your family abandoned when she met her first mate. You have no claim to her. She bears my mark. She is MY Mate and your Luna. You will apologize for your behavior and leave. She will contact you IF she ever wants to reconnect." I tell him and he just glares at me. I increase the pressure on his throat.

"Sorry!" He choaks out and I throw him down the hall. He gets up and stumbles away. I shake my head and enter my room.

"How ya doin' Pax?" I ask the boy who Hannah is bandaging.

"I'm fine, Alpha. Sorry I couldn't handle him." He says lowering his head.

"You did great pup... thank you for taking care of my family." I tell him and he nods.

"You will be fine Paxton... and thank you for protecting us." Hannah says.

"My pleasure Luna." The boy responds with a big smile.

"You were awesome Paxy! He was twice your size! You gotta help train me!" Libby gushes over him and he chuckles.

"Thanks Lib. Glad I could help... and I'd be happy to help you train... as long as your brother approves of course." He looks at me and I nod.

"Can't think of a man I'd trust more." I say and Libby smiles hugging me before tackling Paxton in a hug.

"Lay off him midget. The kid needs to heal." I scold her and she looks up at me still hugging Pax.

"It's okay, Alpha. She couldn't hurt me." Paxton says patting her head. "But you should hop up pup. We both have school tomorrow and I know you didn't do your homework."

"It is soooo boring!" Libby whines.

"Yet you still have to do it. Imagine if you were doing the work of the other kids your age." Pax says and Libby jumps up.

"Okay, your right, I'm going." She groans before leaving. We all chuckle at her dramatics and I turn to the boy.

"You seem to know my sister well." I say and he looks scared... I'm not that scary am I? I just want to know what's going on here. She obviously has a crush on him.

"Yea... she's only a year behind me now. Poor kid had trouble making friends at first. I kinda decided to take her under my wing. With you being away she felt alone. She is actually fun to hang out with even being almost 5 years younger. She likes to remind me that it's not 5 years because my birthday is 2 weeks after hers... she even helps me with my home work." He smiles through his explanation.

"Just remember no matter how mature she can be at times she is still a kid." I tell him.

"I have no intention in dating her! She's a little pup!... I just like to spend time with her, As a friend." He says and I nod.

"Keep it that way until she is 18 and we won't have a problem." I tell him... I wouldn't be surprised if they are mates but dang! She is 10 years old. That's way too early to find your mate. Crap, at 15 it's too early for Pax too!

"You don't have anything to worry about Alpha. I'm waiting for my mate... and even if I wasn't I'm only 15 I'm not ready for all that... plus she is 10! That is beyond wrong! We're just friends I promise. She's like a little sister to me." The boy rants and I nod... time will tell.