18

"Bane!" My mate's screams wake me up.

"Hannah! What's wrong?" I sit up in bed checking on my mate.

"The baby! It's time!" She yells and I jump up.

I'm frantic as I try to find the bag Hannah had wisely packed a week ago. Once I find it I scoop her up in my arms and run to the infirmary.

"Help!" I yell. "We need help!" They have me place Hannah in a wheelchair and they take her in. I am frantic and panting.

"Calm down, Alpha Bane." A doctor says laying his hand on my shoulder and I growl snapping my teeth at him.

"Don't tell me to calm down! My mate..."

"Is in good hands and if you want to stay in there while your pup is born I suggest you take a breath." He tells me.

"You can't stop me from..."

"I have final authority in this infirmary. The king will support me if I think it is in my patients or staff's best interests to have you removed so calm yourself so you can be a benefit to your mate bringing your pup into the world and not a hindrance." He scolds me and I take a deep breath. He is right. I need to be calm for Hannah and our pup.

I give the doctor a nod and he takes me to my mate's side.

"What took you so long! You were supposed to be right behind me when they weeled me in here!" Hannah yells.

"Sorry, mate. The doctor had to talk to me for a sec. I'm here now. What ever you need, I'm here." I tell her and I see the doc nod apparently satisfied with my calmer state.

/\/\/\/\/\

"Becka Lynn Haught." I whisper holding my newest pup. "Ollie, wanna see your baby sister?" I ask my boy who is sitting on the couch sucking down his sippy cup. He looks up at me somewhat uninterested.

I sit next to him and he looks at the bundle of blankets in my arms.

"Baby?" He says pointing at her beautiful little face and looking up at me.

"Yup, your baby sister, Becka." I nod and he looks amazed by the pup in my arms.

"Kaka." He says proud of himself for saying some version of her name and I chuckle.

"Yea, Becka. You're gonna be a good big brother right? You'll protect little Becka?" I ask and he nods.

"Tect Kaka." Protect Becka. I'll never get over how quickly werewolf pups grow the first few years. They aren't babies very long. That's proven by Oliver already starting to talk. I'm gonna need to cherish every moment with my baby girl. I wish I could have been there from the start with Ollie but I'm gonna do right by Becka. I just hope the war ends soon so I can spend time with both my pups.

"Where's my baby?" A groggy Hannah asks just waking up.

"Right here mamma wolf. Just getting to know her big brother a bit." I say bringing both pups over.

"Mama Kaka!" Oliver cheers pointing at his sister and Hannah chuckles.

"Do you like baby Becka my little prince?" Hannah asks.

"I tect Kaka." He nods and Hannah looks at me.

"We had a talk about how as her big brother Ollie will protect Becka... he seems to like that idea." I explain and she smiles.

"I'm sure you will be a wonderful protector for Becka." She tells the boy who grins so big you'd think he'd pull a facial muscle.

After a few hours Hannah was doing much better. I'm thankful for fast healing because I know having a baby can't be easy on a body.

"Knock knock!" I hear a whisper and look to the door. In comes a very pregnant Emily followed by an irritated looking Asher.

"At least sit down." He grumbles at his mate and I chuckle.

"I want to see the baby." Emily responds.

"You'll see your own any day now." Asher growls.

"Here Emily. Have a seat on the couch and I'll hand you the baby... is that acceptable Gamma?" I ask Asher knowing how protective we tend to be over our pregnant mates... especially with mine and Emily's past. We are good but I can see Asher sometimes get uncomfortable with how close Emily and I are even though I have my own mate. He nods and I pick up my baby girl. "This is Becka." I introduce the little one.

"She is adorable." Emily squeals. It's funny considering how tough she is she still sounds like a six year old getting a toy when she sees a baby.

"Thank you made her myself." I say and Hannah punches my arm. "Dang woman! It was a joke!"

"Who carried and grew that pup inside of them? I claim rights to making her." She says with a grin.

"Alright momma wolf, but I did contribute... plus I had plenty of sleepless nights trying to make you deep fried oreo's at 2 am... I still can't believe you put hot sauce on them." I shiver at the thought. Some things do not need hot sauce.

"Fine... 80-20 credit in my favor. Final offer." Hannah smiles but looks so tired.

"You can have all the credit, love." I tell her kissing her head. "I'm just happy she's here... sleep now you deserve a rest." In seconds she is asleep.

"You two are adorable." Emily coos.

"She is my mate... I couldn't have asked for better." I say smiling at my sleeping mate.

"Congratulations, Alpha Bane... I'm going to take Meme home. She is supposed to be on bed rest."Gamma Asher says offering his hand.

"You can just call me Bane, Gamma Asher... I have a feeling Emily will make sure our daughters are the best of friends... I'd like to be able to call you a friend as well." I tell him shaking his hand. He sighs.

"Well I guess you should call me Asher then... I'll take a friend... but I'm still taking my mate home." Asher says and I chuckle.

"Of course. We'll get together after your pup is born and both our families have settled a bit." I tell him and he nods.

"Come on Emily give the guy back his pup." Emily reluctantly hands her over and they leave.

"You miss me baby?" I ask her holding the sleeping bundle then looking over to the couch. I chuckle at the sleeping Oliver whos head is dangling over the side and grab a blanket covering the sleeping toddler after pulling his head onto the couch. "I'm gonna have to get used to doing things one handed aren't I?... I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put you down."

I sit next to the sleeping boy and he flips himself around until he is lying on my lap. "My pups." I mumble kissing his head. "You will be a great man Ollie... and you will be an amazing young woman." I kiss my little girl as well. "But no boys. You gonna help me with that buddy?" Oliver grunts in his sleep. "I'll take that as a yes." With the rest of my family asleep I lean back resting my newest pup on my chest. 'I guess it's family nap time.' I think before nodding off myself.