15

"We need your help Bane." Alpha Alic says as we have our weekly phone conversation.

"I've only been Alpha a little over a month... do you really need me, sir?" I ask and he sighs.

"We're calling in warriors from all packs. We know they are targeting the Royal pack now that Asher is on our side." He says. Asher is the name of the guy who beat the crap out of me before I left the royal pack. He was of course Emily's mate, Alpha blooded, military trained, and now Gamma of the Royal Pack. "He has been training our people in advanced fighting techniques that traditional wolves would never think of. You have strong warriors. With his training they would be a great help. Most Alphas around the world are either coming or sending men. I understand if you can't come personally, son, but we could use any man you can spare."

"The hunters have been quiet... I guess it makes sense if they are targeting you... I can come. I just need to consult with my head warrior to set up adequate protection for my pack then I will bring as many men as I can." I tell him and I can hear the relief in His voice.

"Thank you, Bane." He says.

"How are things going down there?... you sound stressed." I ask.

"It's been rough... Asher has had some problems and Meme... she just wanted her mate... he finally came around but... I shouldn't be telling you all this... I'm just worried for my girl." He rants and my heart sinks.

"How is she taking it?" I ask worried for Emily.

"She loves the boy and he loves her... they are mated now... he just still has a lot of demons to battle. He wouldn't hurt her on purpose... at least not physically... I don't have much of a say in it all. I just hope he becomes the man she needs because he's not quite there yet... don't worry about Meme. She is happy I'm just overprotective... how's your little family going?" He asks obviously done venting. I get being overprotective I have a baby sister a son and...

"We're expecting a new addition to the family... little Ollie is still a baby and we'll have a second one before he turns one... is it hard having more than one?" I ask still trying to process it all. We just found out a couple days ago. The King laughs.

"Talk to me when you're on your third... or when you have a daughter. You think you are protective over little Oliver just you wait till you have a little princess. Boys are easy, girls are the ones you have to watch out for. They get you wrapped around those little fingers and even when they grow up they still hold your heart." He says... Emily must really be putting him through the ringer.

"Well we'll find out if it's a boy or girl next month... speaking of... do you mind if I bring the family? I can't imagine leaving Hannah by herself in her current state." I ask.

"By all means! I'd love to meet her. You are more than welcome here, my boy." He says and I smile.

"Give me a couple weeks and we'll be down." I tell him.

"Sounds good but I need to go... Emily is on her way here. I need to talk to her." He says.

"By all means, take care of your pup. I'll see you soon, Alpha, goodbye." I end the call.

☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆

"You aren't coming, Libby." I tell her for the 23rd time.

"I am! You can't just leave me again! And you are taking MY Paxy! I'll be all alone! A good brother wouldn't do that!" She rants.

"A good brother and Alpha would leave a fussy 10 year old at home. You aren't missing school to play warrior in the royal pack." I respond.

"I'll stay out of the way... and I can help with Ollie! I'll be good I promise!" She persists and I sigh.

"Libby, I can't watch you down there pup. You won't be safe. Hannah and Oliver will be locked up tight in the pack house. I know you won't stay put like that so I'm not risking it. I love you too much midget." I tell her.

"If you loved me you'd let me go!" She yells before storming off.

"You should let her come." I hear and turn towards the voice.

"And I should listen to you why?" I ask.

"Because while you were dealing with your grandfather and keeping him away from her I was there. You got her put in higher classes, which she needed, but you didn't check in on her progress. I did. You love her. You are a good brother  but you don't know her as well as I do. Forcing her to stay here is a bad idea." He says.

"You don't understand, Paxton... she is more like my child than my sister. I helped raise her. I took the beatings for her. I kept her safe and made sure no one could hurt her. I can't just turn around and drag her into a war zone. At least with Hannah and Oliver I can trust they will stay in the pack house safe and out of the way. Libby thinks she is invincible. She won't listen and may get hurt. I can't put her in that kind of danger." I explain.

"What ever you say, Alpha." He bows his head before running up the stairs likely to comfort the crying pup. Man I feel lousy, but it's for her safety.

"Come on men let's head out!" I yell and the chosen men meet me in front of the house. Pax gives me a look then nods to an upper window before shifting. My eyes follow where he nodded to see a puffy eyed Libby.

"I love you, midget. I'll be back soon I promise." I link her and she walks away from the window.

"Family keeps their promises." She links back and I smile. She will be okay.