Chapter 9.

Heavy breaths escaped our lungs as we ran towards the weird noises. Women were screaming their lungs out as the gunshots were still triggered.

My eyes widen at the sight of what happend. People laying there, lifeless on the cold floor. Blood spilled everywhere. My whole body felt weak and a tear escaped my eye from the traumatizing scene.

"Y/n, don't look." Jungkook covered your eyes rapidly with his hands but I nudged them away. I noticed something before he covered my eyes, and it was something hopeful. "She's still alive!" I ran towards an elder woman around the mid 30's. She was one of us, she was our maid. It could be seen due the button that was hooked onto her work clothes. It had our logo on it.

Her eyes were half closed, she tried to speak but was unable to, due the pain she had. She was shot in her stomach. I pressed my hands on the wound, trying to stop her losing blood.

Jungkook approached us and ripped off a piece of clothing from his shirt. "This is going to hurt." He warned the elder lady, putting the fabric into the shot wound as he also pressed his to hands on it to stop the severe bleeding. The woman squealed out of pain as I slowly stepped back, being in shock of what I just witnessed.

A pair of hand were laid on my shoulders. I startled and turned around to see who it was. "Let's go." Jimin said, giving me a bit comfort that it was him. "We can't. We need to help Jungkook and the woman!" My hands still under the blood as tears still rolled down my cheek.

"They'll be fine. Let's go." He said camly. My gaze went towards Jungkook and the lady. Teahyung approached them and helped them too, guards stood on guard just in case something bad might happen again.

Jimin dragged me with him, but my eyes were still fixed on this tragic scene.

———

"This is absolutely insane! How could this happen!" Namjoon was furious, his cheeks  had a blush of redness and his hands were formed into fists. "Four guards and three maids died, besides that, five people are injured only because of your nonsense!"  He added, assigning the four of us who were seated around the table in the meeting room.

"Our nonsense? How could you blame us if you weren't even in the picture?" Jungkook replied, irritated about the fact that it wasn't our fault at all.

"He got a point. We should investigate this as soon as possible instead of blaming each other." Jimin was right. Nobody could ever imagine that some tragedy like this would happen.

"I agree. We need to uncover this as fast as possible because this wont be the last one for sure." I stated, Jungkook running his fingers through his locks out of frustration. "Maybe it has to do something with the Wang Gang." The four of us frowned our brows. "Taehyung, explain yourself?" Namjoon questioned him.

"Since the last mission failed, it would probably be war between us and them." Namjoon sighed, Taehyung could be right, for almost a hundred percent. "But something seems off. It felt like someone was sabotaging the last mission." Jungkook mentioned, confusion and concern written on his face.

"Is that the reason why it took you so long?" He looked up at me, happy about the fact that someone tried to understand him. "Yes, there was some guy who seemed different than his other guards. The same guy flashed by today during the tragedy but I thought I was hallucinating so I helped Y/n-"

"Mrs. Jeon, there is someone for you." A spy of mine interrupted the meeting. "Sorry.. I need to go." I apologized and left the room.

———

Walking into a room, somewhere in the mansion, a man was already settled down onto a chair. When I got closer, I realised who this actually was.

"Yoongi, what are you doing here?" He turned himself around, a grin was formed on his lips. "I thought you wouldn't come." "I don't care, tell me what's up."

"I got news about the man who murdered your mother." That one word got my attention abruptly. I hated to admit, but this can very useful. Or should I say: he can be very useful.

"Speak further." I said. His grin turned into a smirk as he finally got my attention. "Have a seat and we could talk."

I rolled my eyes and placed myself on a seat in front of him. I hated the fact that I finally gave my attention to him. But this case about my mother was my priority. "There was a nurse in the hospital who got hostaged by the man who we're looking for." He began to talk. "And?"

"We contacted her and she told me someone else had footage of it. The videos showed that the man replaced her fluid management into water mixed with strychnine."

Strychnine? What's that?

"Wait, what is that?" Confusion seen all over my face. "It's a really deadly poison. Only a little amount of that powder could cause death. We found out that shit later when your spions examined the room." Anxiety rushed through my body as I didn't know what to expect more. "And how could you tell that it was strychnine?"

"There was a liquid spilled onto the floor. We investigated it." "So this is what you wanted to tell me?" I asked, crossing my arm over each other. "No, I'm not ready yet."

"You can hear a voice in the background of the video. We tried to recognize it but it was way to low. Probably because he had a voice changer."

"Do you got that video?" "Yes, why?" He questioned back. "Then sent it to the hack department. Maybe they could do something with it." He nodded, and the room was silenced again. Until Yoongi spoke again. "So, I got the job to investigate the mission."

Fuck, here we go.

"Since my spions can't find anything, yes." The corners of his lips lifted up, forming a grin. "Under one condition." His face went expressionless again.

"You stay away from my love life."