Chapter 16.

"One of them was in a really bad condition. Even if you didn't had that incident , it wouldn't survive."

Both of our eyes widened in disbelief. "I'm sorry. One of them? I was pregnant with twins?" The docter nodded. "Somehow one of the twins still managed to survive." I didn't know how to react. My feelings were so mixed. Sadness, anger and disbelief but also happiness and reassurance.

"The little one is now exactly 8 weeks and 4 days old. I want you to go on a check-up over two weeks since the baby can be really fragile of the incident." Jungkook and I nodded in sync. "What if something happens in the mean time?" Jungkook asked the doctor in concern.

"This is our emergency number. If something happens that doesn't feel right. Don't be scared and give it a call. You can also use it for some advice." I nodded once again. "Thank you so much." "You're welcome, have a safe drive back home."

We bid our goodbye's and left, on our way back home. The drive never was this long. Silence filled the car, only the engine was heard. "I hope you're okay, love." Jungkook broke the silence after a while. "I don't know how I should feel.."

"I know baby, but she said there was no way the other baby could have survived it. I'm glad that the baby lives in heaven now instead of in your tummy with pain and struggles." He loosened his grip on the steering wheel with one hand, placed it upon my little tummy and caressed it gently.

A weak smile appeared on the corners of my lips. "Let's focus on this little one now, okay?" I nodded quietly, it was still hard to process everything. "When do you want to announce your pregnancy to the world?"

"I don't know. I'm still not ready to tell anyone." I took a deep sigh, placing one hand upon Jungkook's that was caressing my belly. "It's okay, love. Take your time."

You don't know if you should announce it in the first place. As much as Jungkook wants to announce that he's starting a little family, it's not quite smart to do that with our work. Its gonna be a weakness, a reason more to attack us. On the other side could it be our strength. The will and aim to protect our little family, although there are more negatives than positives about this situation.

"I don't think its a good idea to announce it to the world.." The doubt was heard in your voice. Locking eyes with each other, Jungkook nodded haltingly. "I understand, it may be dangerous for the baby and for us."

Looking down with a disappointment face, staring at your fiddling fingers. "As much as I want to tell everyone, I don't wanna take the risk of hurting the baby or you." Jungkook's eyes were for a few seconds off the road, pulling a hair strand behind your ear. "Baby, you don't need to explain yourself. I was thinking about it too and I respect your decision."

A soft and warm smile crept upon our lips. "Let's make the contract when we get home." A chuckle left you lips. "You want to announce it in the mansion?" His eyebrows curved up. "Well, they're gonna see your pregnant belly soon. So if you don't want that, I wanna hear your plan."

He's right. Theres no way you could hide your pregnancy for 40 weeks. A oversized hoodie won't do it after probably 30 weeks. And besides that, there are guards and maids everywhere in that mansion. They help you with anything and they see you at times you don't even see them. The only privacy you can get in that mansion is in Jungkook's master bedroom and your offices. But living in there for your whole pregnancy doesn't sound quite exciting.

"No, I get it. Let's make the contracts."

———

A man walked in my office. A man in a tux with dark shaded sunglasses on. "I got some new interesting files, sir." He got my fully attention now. He tossed the files on my desk blatantly.

I was opening the folder, scanning every picture he secretly took until I was stopped in my tracks by one of them. Y/n and Jungkook with a baby health care doctor. The logo was printed on her white jacket, something you can't miss for sure.

"Explain these?" My eyebrows frowned together. "Mind to look further, sir." And I did what he asked. I opened the next page and it shook me even more. But not in a bad way.

Y/n did an ultrasound. She looked happily with Jungkook to a tv where an small, fragile baby was shown. "She is pregnant.." a silent pause followed but not for long. "She IS pregnant." I started grinning and laughing out loud. A big smile plastered on my face.

"This is great!" I almost jumped in the air. "When her due date is near, we can attack and take their properties because that's the time when she's the weakest." Taemin smiled with me. "That's great boss. Sounds like a good plan to me."

"Get the champagne, T! Were going to celebrate our soon to be victory!" We exchanged a quick hug before he pulled a champagne bottle out of nowhere.

"You two should make plan with Jihyung soon when you cross each others paths." Taemin nodded swiftly, "That will be soon, sir!"

A proud smile on boss's face. A feeling of victory coming near after all those years of tracking and spying on the Jeon's. "I'll also call Jihyung today for the news. But make your way back soon."

———

Jungkook was going through some files, working his ass off with all those administration, contracts and way more. Of course he had people to deal with it further but he is the way to lead them. If he don't know what its all about, he cant lead them properly, right?

Weirdly enough, there was a folded little note in between those files. It caught his attention, furrowing his brows together of confusion. He unfolded out of curiosity but it made him even more confused as it reads:

"I have you wrapped around my finger, Jeon :)"