1

As I sat on my windowsill, watching the stars as they increased into the midnight sky.

I let myself zone out as I inhaled my cigarette. Last one in the pack.

I used to like smoking.

The dizziness I mean.

It was like a temporary high. Like I was detached from the world for a whole twenty-five seconds. The feeling was euphoric almost. The way the nicotine messes with your mind, making you feel so many things at once. I don't know why I still do it, but I liked the way it made me feel.

I was pulled away from my thoughts by the sound of glass shattering. I looked through my window and noticed that the moon was already out.

I threw my cigarette out the window. As I was walking to my door I got a glimpse of my pills scattered on my desk.

Now you might be wondering what those pills are for. Short answer is bipolar disorder. My dad had it and now I have it. I haven't taken them today and I'm feeling just fine.

I ignored it and went downstairs to see what it was.

It was just my cat, Sapphire, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Get that damn cat upstairs. I swear I'll return her" my mum yelled as she tightened her robe around herself. She flared her nostrils and stomped out. I was trying my hardest not to laugh. Is it rude that I was laughing at my hungover mum? Whatever.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my clumsy, orange cat and putting her on the stairs, making her go upstairs.

Now you might be wondering. Ruby, why is your cats named Sapphire if she's orange? Well 1. because when we found her on the street she was wearing a bright blue ribbon around her tail 2. Her eyes were purple-ish blue when we first got her, but now they're just gray and 3. because I like it. It looked like a very fitting name for her.

I bent down down trying to clean up the small pieces of broken glass, but my dumbass cut my hand.

Red blood oozed out while I drenched it with a wet washcloth. This hurt like a motherfucker.

I rubbed some Neosporin and walked upstairs to wrap a bandage on it.

Fuck. We don't have any. Welp, this is a good excuse to leave the house.

"MOM I'M GOING TO THE STORE!" I yelled. I took her silence as an 'okay'.

I went upstairs, struggled to get my jeans on, and threw on a random flannel I found on my chair, keeping my white crop top on from last night. I half-way wore my overworn converse and finally left the house.

I headed towards the drugs and liquor store.

Me and Ali (the cashier) are very good friends. He lets me hang around there when I don't wanna go home to my so called mom.

Anyway, I opened the door, hearing the same old bell jingle.

To my surprise I saw a boy. No Ali. Just some rando. He didn't look up once. I could be a fucking thief and he wouldn't even notice.

I went down the 'First Aid' isle and grabbed the bandage I needed. At this point the blood is all dried, I don't even know why I'm still getting this. But as a clumsy person I probably would need this in the future.

I went up to the guy and just stood there until he looked up. He finally did- holy shit. He's cute.

No.

Hot.

I Promise YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara