Second Chance

Twilight again waited at the cottage, cleaning up the little house and studying her books. She found the type of magic Diamond was doing, and was looking for a way to reverse the effects when a grey pegasus with a bubble cutie mark knocked on the door. ¨How may I help you?¨ The lavender alicorn asked. The grey mare looked at her worriedly, ¨My name is Derpy Hooves.¨ Twilight noticed she looked as nervous as Silver Spoon did, she wondered if there was a connection, but she was probably just analyzing it too much. ¨Would you like a saddle bag?¨ Derpy asked, though she seemed to be shaking her head at the same time. ¨I'm all right thank you,¨ a now disturbed Twilight responded. She was about to shut the door when Derpy tied the saddle bag on much too tight and the filly collapsed to the ground once again. 

Diamond Tiara once again shed her disguise and sorrowfully headed back to the palace, silently cursing herself for daring to do such a thing. The seven ponies again returned home to find Twilight unconcious on the ground. Apple Bloom cantered nervously over and noticed  the much to tight saddle bag that seemed to be strangling her. Apple Bloom, Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash were thankfully able to pull it off and everyone sighed in relief when the purple pony gasped for breath and her eyes fluttered open. ¨Before you say anything,¨ Twilight started. ¨She forced it on me against my will, but,¨ She continued, ¨she seemed to be fighting against something.¨ And her eyes shone, ¨She's fighting it!¨ The filly squealed. The ponies looked at each other, not as sure. ¨Twilight, Apple Bloom started, she might have just been worried her plan wouldn't work.¨ But Twilight shook her head vigorously, not believing it. Her sister was returning to her, she just knew it! Wasn't she? Twilight wasn't sure anymore. She sang mournfully.

Twilight: Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high

There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Diamond Tiara returned to her home and again asked Pip what he knew. She was overjoyed to hear her sister had survived, but knew that eventually their luck would run out. The pony instead of being able to rejoice, was again taken over by the magic and forced to create her worst creation of all, a poisoned apple. Diamond had saw one of the ponies in the house really missed Pip. The magic prevented her from freeing the colt, so she used a spell that sent the page that would free him too the cottage, with a letter from Pip on the back. Diamond Tiara then lamented over how heartless she had become. Pip watched, simply awestruck that Diamond wanted to help him.

Diamond: When a mare's an empty kettle

She should be on her mettle
And yet I'm torn apart
Just because I'm presumin'
That I could be kind of human
If I only had a heart

I'd be tender, I'd be gentle

And awful sentimental

Regarding love and art

I'd be friends with the sparrows

And the boy that shoots the arrows

If I only had a heart

Just to register emotion, jealousy, devotion
And really feel the part
I could stay young and chipper
And I'd lock it with a zipper
If I only had a heart

I could stay young and chipper
And I'd lock it with a zipper
If I only had a heart

The mare danced around to the song, but then stopped, feeling distraught once more. Apple Bloom was talking with Twilight and Apple Jack when she noticed a piece of paper fly in the window. What's this?¨ the filly asked. She read the back, and the front, and was awestruck. ¨It's a letter from Pip!¨"She said. ¨He was trapped in a mirror belonging to the queen. The spell to free him's on the back,¨ Apple Bloom finished. Twilight galivanted around, convinced this was Diamond's doing, but the other's didn't think so. Apple Bloom started out the door, but her older sister stopped her. ¨Not without me you're not!¨ AJ remarked. And the 2 earth ponies set off. 

Apple Bloom could hardly contain herself. She was going to see him again! After all this time! As the sisters traveled through the wood, they bumped into each other, and rolled down a hill and directly into a orange unicorn colt around their age.  All three ponies stood themselves up and rubbed their heads when they heard a voice. ¨Sunburst! Be carefull!¨ The voice called. And the 2 fillies and one colt watched a unicorn filly and a pegasus colt come into view. Sunburst ran up to them and explained what had happened, and they turned to the confused fillies. Who told the trio they were looking for Apple Bloom's childhood friend so they could free him with the spell Apple Bloom was holding. Apple Bloom and Applejack now reconized one of the colts, who reconized him as well. ¨Flash?!¨ Both earth ponies shouted, while Sunset and Sunburst simply stood dumbly, witnessing this happy reunion. When Apple Bloom and AJ learned the others were looking for Pip too, the 5 adventurers decided to work together on it. As they continued to walk, the ponies desperately attempted to come up with a plan. 

Apple Bloom: It's all gone to rack and ruin

'Cause we don't know what we're doin'

AJ: It's all gone down the pan

Sunburst: No!

AB:  It has!

Sunset: Things would be less distressful

And we might be more successful

All 5: If we only had a plan

Flash: But I feel such a coward

I'd be easily overpowered
If we only had a plan

AB: But we haven't, so...

And many miles away, an imprisoned colt was wondering if he would ever be free again. And cursing all the times he had wished he was somewhere else.

Pip: Someday I'll wake, 

and rub my eyes, 

and in that land beyond the skies

You'll find me, 

and I'll be home!
Home...
Somewhere over the rainbow, 

bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then...
Oh why...
Did I?