Prologue 5

SAME-ROOM VARIOUS

---------------------------

At the Ramshackle Dorm

"This place is..." Miko deadpanned at the ruined dorm in front of them.

"Beautiful. It is, is it not? Is it not? Well then, come inside." Crowley said as he dragged Miko inside the dorm.

At the Ramshackle Dorm's Lounge

" If it's here, you can at least shield yourself from the rain and wind. I'm going to continue investigating some things, so pass time as you like. Don't loiter around the academy! Well then!" Crowley smiled before running out of the dorm.

Miko stared at the headmaster, who was running back to the school

" The white dust looks like snow~" She cooed before trying to find a broom to clean this place up. Suddenly there was a tap on the window followed by many other loud taps.

"It's raining..."

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!" A voice exclaimed.

Miko quickly turn her head towards the sofa where the voice came from.

"Bwahaha! That look on your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun. As if I wouldn't just sneak back onto campus the second I escaped pryin' eyes. You all got no idea what I'm capable of! I ain't givin' up on goin' here just 'cause I got kicked out one measly ol' time. And if you think otherwise, you don't know Grim! " Grimm ranted.

The girl sighed, thankful that it wasn't a threat of any kind. She frowned to herself, the pain in her head started coming back to her.

'Is he the reason my head is hurting?' Miko turned to Grimm before asking.

"Do I know you?"

Grimm eyes widened before he stuttered out, "H-huh, why would I ever know a human that can't do magic!?" He turned away from her with his arms cross.

Sensing his uneasiness, quickly change the subject, "Why are you so determined to go to this school?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked, turning back to face her. The girl shook her head.

"Hmph! I guess I can tell a human. I was born to do this! I'm a magical prodigy who's got the making's to become one of the greatest mages who ever lived! So I've been waitin' and waitin' for that black carriage to come for me. And yet..." Grimm stopped. Miko continued to listen, not wanting to be rude

"Hrmph! That Dark Mirror's got no eye for talent! That's why I took the initiative and came here myself. You humans don't understand what a mistake you're makin'! Not lettin' me in is a great loss to the world!" He explained. Miko nodded as If she completely understood him.

"Mrrao! C'mon, scoot over! I'm getting dripped on here!" A dropped of water landed on Grimm's ear.

"Bwah! Another hole in the roof! These flamin' ears are like my trademark, y'know? I can't let 'em get doused" He complained again, trying to push miko to move, so he won't get wet.

"Guess I'll go look for some buckets." She stood up from the sofa and continued to look for buckets.

"I don't know why you don't just magic those holes away. You could have it fixed in half a jiff... Ahhh, right. You can't use magic at all. Pfft, man, you're useless." He laughed at her while she stared at him with a bored face.

"Then do you wish to help me patch up the holes? You are 'the great and powerful Grimm' after all." She suggested, with a light insult.

"Heh? You want ME to help YOU? Ha! You got the wrong idea. I'm just a stranger takin' shelter from the rain. You ain't the boss of me. If ya had some cans of tuna to trade, well, that'd be another story. But I don't work for free."

Miko looked at him amused. 'I guess this could be a break from all the working'

RAMSHACKLE DORM - HALLWAY

Miko walked through the hallway of Ramshackle with caution, for some reason she felt something wrong about the place. Keeping her eyes out for any movement and a bucket. While doing so, she heard a high pitch laugh, making her alert.

"Yee hee hee... Bwa ha ha ha ha ha. We haven't had visitors in ages! Oh, I'm just itchin' for new friends! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!" A Ghost laughs.

"Ghost?" She questioned.

"Hey, keep it down over- AAAAAH! GHOSTS! GHOOOOOOSTS!" Grimm cut himself off with his own scream.

"All the people who used ta live here got scared of us and ran away" A Second Ghost teased.

"We just want a new ghost to play with! What do you say, buddy?" One of the ghost ask.

Grimm shivered, "I'm a master sorcerer! I ain't afraid of any dumb ghosts! Myahaaa!" He blew out a fireball towards the ghost with his eyes close.

"Nuh-uh. Not even close." Ghost A laughed out.

"Over here! Over here! Ah ha ha ha!" Ghost B waved his arms around as Grimm try to blow a fireball to them.

"Argh! They keep disappearing and reappearing!" Grimm complained.

"You are going to set this whole dorm ablaze if you keep closing your eyes when you summon your fire" Miko stated

"Shaddup! I don't need any help from you, human!"

"Perhaps the head mage will let you enroll if you get rid of them." She told him.

"Myah...?! Hmph... I'm Grim, Master Sorcerer! How come I can't even hit one of these little-" Grimm grumbled, kicking his feet in the air.

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Ghost C cut Grimm off with their laugh , due to Grimm's grumbling.

"Hrmph! Ganging up on us... Yer a bunch of cowards!" Grimm pointed at the ghost who are still taunting them, mostly Grimm.

Miko sighed, "Do you wish for me to help you, Grimm?"

"Myaaaah... You, human! You tell me which way the ghosts are!" He pointed at her. Miko nodded her head, putting both hands behind her back making a small magic circle to help him get his aim slightly better, but not enough, so it will be completely obvious.

"To your left!" She raised her voice.

"Aaaaah! It buuuurns!" One of the ghost said before disappearing through the walls.

"Ha, got one! Keep it up, just like that... And let's clear out the whole lot of 'em!"
--------------

1056 Words edited