prologue 11

Window scrubbing

‐------------------------
" I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim whined.

" Well, maybe next time don't just start burning things down, you already almost burn down a statue, the school, and our dorm too." She mentioned, "If you try and burn anything else, I'll take away all of your tuna for a whole week." Miko threatened with a small grin, making Grimm yelp in fear of losing his favorite food.

'We barely have any food at the dorm too, I hope I can go back to My tower as soon as possible or the headmaster can pay me to buy my own food that would be quite nice'

 Miko lips twice upwards, turning back her interest back into the book yhat she got from the library.

Suddenly, Grimm spoke up, "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!....." He growled.

"We can wait a few more minutes until he arrives Grimm, I'm sure he won't take that long" The purple hair girl patted his head. 

'Well, I hope he won't take that long...'

-‐------------------------

Grimm was growing impatient as time went on, it had already been 40 minutes and Ace was still isn't here yet. Miko was surprisingly also getting quite tired of waiting, repeatedly tapping her finger on the table in front of her out of annoyance.

"And now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us! That's possible. We should look for him." He declared.

Miko closed her book as Grimm continued to grumble loudly beside her, She let out a huff she would be lying if she said that she wasn't growing tired of waiting for him. After all, she never really had to wait for someone for a long time, they usually come rushing to her when she requests to speak to them.

"Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Miko, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!" Grimm flew up from his seat and out of the room. The tired girl trailed behind him, looking for the troublemaker.

CLASSROOM

"Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya? Huh... Maybe there's no one here?" He said after bursting into a random classroom.

"I wouldn't say that, I'm here." A random voice boomed inside the classroom. Scarring both Grimm and Miko at the same time.

" Bwaaah! That painting just talked!" Grimm hugged Miko's arm, clinging to her like a koala.

"Yes, and...? Is a talking painting such an oddity at this school? The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that so strange? In fact, yes. Paintings don't usually talk. Are you with those ghosts from yesterday?" The painting stated, looking at Grimm who was still clinging to Miko while she could only stare at it in amusement.

'How odd, a talking painting. I never saw such things before' The girl thought as she stared at the painting.

"Well, it's weird having a painting that can talk!" Grimm resorted back, standing back on the grown, Miko sighed, praying that Grimm won't make more trouble for her to deal with.

"Well, your "usual" and my "usual" clearly differ. Shall we agree to disagree on the matter?" The painting on the wall asked. Grimm pouted and turned his head to the side, not looking at the painting.

" Unlike those restless spirits, always wandering hither and thither, I've been contentedly hanging on this wall for over fifty years."

"Now, you seem to be searching for someone." The painting changed the subject.

"We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face." Grimm told the painting with an annoyed expression when he remembered why they were here in the first place. Miko cheered in he'd thoughts when Grimm did the talking for her.

"Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." The painting told them. 

"Myah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?" Grimm's expression darkened.

"The door to the dorms is in the eastern building." The painting told them completely, dismissing the safety of the student who was about to get hunted down by a very angry cat and a tired girl who wishes to rest in a soft bed.

" Let's chase after him, Miko!" Grimm flew out of the room not waiting for her response, she quickly bowed to the painting out of respect and muttered a quick 'Thank you' before jogging out of the room after Grimm,

‐------------------------

876 words

‐------------------------

A/N - sorry for not posting on time 😅. I had a Heat stroke and I got covid. I'm almost fully healed, still slightly coughing but I'm getting better :) I also starting school next week som I might have a few delays. (• ▪︎ •). I hope you guys have a nice week.