prologue 10

Prologue 10: Cheeky Mates!
..............................
At the Main Street

" They're so cool, right~" Ace cooed "... Unlike a certain raccoon."

" Funa!?" Grimm was taken back, glaring at Ace.

"Pu... ahahahaha! I can't hold it in anymore! Ahahahaha!" Ace burst out laughing, holding his stomach. "Hey, you guys are the ones who caused a riot during the opening ceremony, right? A girl who got called in front of the mirror but actually couldn't use magic, and the monster barging in even though he didn't get invited!" He pointed at both of them.

"Man~ it was so hard to stop myself from laughing during the opening ceremony."

" What!? W-what a rude guy!" Grimm turned to Miko, pointing at Ace. Expecting her to do something, she stared at the red-haired boy with a tired face.

" And, in the end, you both couldn't get into the school, so you became handymen? Haha, lame." Ace smirked.

" Meowhaaaat...!?"

" Plus, to not know who the "Great Seven" are... how ignorant are you? I recommend you to start over from kindergarten before coming to Night Raven College. Pukka..." Ace suggested before letting out a small laugh at the end.

" Gunununu..." Grim growled.

" Oh dear... if this keeps up..." 

" I called you out to tease you a bit, but you guys exceeded my expectations. Well, I have classes, unlike you guys, so, bye! Work hard cleaning, you both♪" He waved his hands before walking past the two.

" This guy~~! Let him talk and he crosses the line! I'm angry now! Funa~~~!" Grimm blew a ball of fire towards Ace, who quickly dodge it before it can hit him.

" Uwah! Oops, that's dangerous! What the hell are you doing!?" Ace turned around and glared at the raccoon, who was glaring back at him.

" It's because you make fun of me! I'll make your explosion-head even more exploded!" Grimm shouted while Miko was still staring at them with an annoyed face.

"Both of you, stop it!" She demands, only not to be heard by the two.

"Explosion-head~? Heeh. You got the guts to pick a fight with me. You too, I'll turn you into a frizzy toy poodle!" Ace took out his magic pen and pointed it toward Grimm.

" Funa~~~~!!!" The flying raccoon blew another fireball at the boy, only for him to dodge it again.

" Oops, that's dangerous. Take this!" Ace smirked, casting a wind spell to control Grimm's flames. 

Miko watched as Grimm continued to destroy the school property.

" This guy, he used magic to make the wind blow! My flame's bending!" Grimm shouted. Miko was now starting to get nervous due to the amount of student who was now gathering around them.

" What's up? A fight?" One student walked towards the crowded place.

" Nice! Get 'em!" another random student shouted, followed by multiple people cheering for one of them to win.

"... don't stir them up! Go to your classes, you lot don't want to get in trouble now, do you!" Miko shouted, Some students quickly ran into the school realizing that they will be late while some others just ignore her and just continue cheering for one of them.

"You think that kinda flimsy flame would hit me?" Ace smirked, getting ready to dodge another fireball.

" What did you say!? Prepare yourself!" Grimm shouted.

"Eat this!" Grimm blew another fireball towards Ace, but it was a lot bigger than it was supposed to be.

" That kinda flame, I'll just change its direction with the wind... like this!" He changed the direction of the wind before he realized it was going towards the queen of heart statue.

"Aaaaaaaah!! Shit!!" Ace screamed out but instead of it burning the statue it only stopped in front of it and quickly shot up and disappear into the sky, probably disappearing halfway.

" The statue almost burned because you changed the flame's direction with the wind! Just get burned obediently!" Grimm pointed at Ace, stomping his feet in the air.

" You think there's anyone who'd obediently get burned because they're told to!?" Ace yelled irritated.

" Hey!!! What's all this racket!?" Crowley exclaimed, marching towards the group. The students quickly dart away to their classes before they could get in trouble. 

'Finally, he's here. What took him so long.' Miko thought. Yet relieved that he is here to stop the commotion.

" Ugh, it's the headmaster..." Ace groaned.

" That guy, he'll bind you with his whip of love! Run!" Grimm and Ace tried to run as far as they can, but unexpectedly the whip hit their back 

" That hurts!" Ace screamed out before he fell onto the floor face first.

" Fugyaa!! That's two days in a row, it hurts!" Grimm cried out in pain.

"It's the whip of love! It's 100 years too fast for you to run from me! Sigh... I thought earlier I told you to 'not cause an uproar'?

Furthermore, you two almost burn one of the Great Seven statues! It seems like you want to be expelled so much." The headmaster pointed at Ace, who was now standing up, rubbing the red mark on his forehead in pain.

"Wait! Not that!" Ace shouted when he's realizing that Crowley was talking to him.

" Miss Miko, too, you can't call this supervising Grim-Kun!" Crowley pointed at her while she just stared at him.

"I tried to tell them to stop, yet they completely ignored me. We were lucky that the queen of heart statue was not burned due to the commotion because someone was able to stop the fire." She responded giving the headmaster a pouting look,trying tongain some sympathy mostly just to not get in trouble.

" Really... You, what's your year and name?" Crowley asked Ace.

" Ace Trappola. ... I'm the first year." Ace mutter, looking away from the headmaster due to embarrassment.

" Well then, Trappola-Kun. And Grim-Kun. As a punishment, I order you to clean 100 windows!" Crowley declared out.

"Meow!? Originally, the problem lies in him for making fun of us!" Grim spoke displeased that he got in trouble.

" Eeh!? Me too!?" Ace pointed at himself, "Wait! You said that me and this raccoon, what about her!?" Ace pointed out.

"Well, Miss Miko tried to stop both of you, yet you ignored her! And both of you almost burned one of the Great Seven Statues! So after school, gather in the school cafeteria. Understood?" Crowley asked

" Yea~h..." Ace groan. 

...........................

1066 words

...........................