Chapter 14

To the Dwarfs' Mine

...........................

DWARFS' MINE - SILENT WOODS

"So this is the Dwarfs' Mine... Long ago, this mine was flush with mage stones." Deuce theorized.

The group continues walking in the woods, Grimm was clinging onto Miko arms tightly, making her slightly bleed but she didn't mind.

"Urgh... Who knows what lurks in there now?" Grimm grumbled, snuggling closer to her chest. After not even trying to fight the eardge, Miko started petting his head and scratching his chin making Grimm purr.

They walk deeper into the woods before noticing a cottage not far away. "Look, I can see a house. Let's see what the people there have to say." Ace lead the group towards the house as the others follow closely behind.

...........................

DWARFS' MINE - DWARF COTTAGE

...........................

"Deuce you knock on the door" Ace pointed at the door, staring at Deuce with a stern face.

"HUH!? Why me!? You wanted to come to the house and look inside, not me!" Deuce remind him.

"Well the door looks dirty and if there is a monster you can be our shield" Ace scoffed.

Miko sighed 'I don't want another fight' she told herself, "There probably nothing inside I can't sense any living thing in side, so your find Deuce." Miko told him.

"Are you sure?" Deuce asked, not sure if he should trust her yet.

"Trust me, if there is a monster in there, and it attacks us, Grimm can probably just burn it, and you can tell the headmaster that I put you guys in danger and if he sympathy with you enough you get to stay in school." Miko told him.

Deuce knock on the door before opening it, hearing a loud creek while doing so, "Hellooo? Is anybody home...? Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned." Deuce concluded before walking inside, avoiding the spider webs and falling dust. Ace follows him.

Miko walked after them without avoiding the spider webs " Bwah! There are so many spider webs, here!" Grimm whined after a spider web got onto his face. Miko pealed it off and threw it away.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here? One, two... Seven! It's like a clown car in here. " Ace pointed out.

"Do you think there are Dwarfs in this world, Grimm? " Miko whispered, looking down at the now-who-she-decided-cat making him look up at her but it only shrugged and continued to look around.

"When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place." Deuce believed.

"Well, this isn't getting us anywhere. If we're going to find a mage stone, it'll be inside the mine. Let's head inside and take a look." Ace remarked. The three silently agreed before following him out of the house.

...........................

DWARFS' MINE - MINE ENTRANCE

...........................

"You want to go inside THERE? It's pitch black!" Grimm pointed at a cave in front of them, Miko no longer hugging him to her chest.

"What, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic." Ace taunted, hiding his smirk behind his hands.

"Myah?! I'm not scared of anything! I'm taking the lead. You all follow me!" Grimm demanded, leading the other three inside the mine.

...........................

DWARFS' MINE - INTERIOR

...........................

"Huh? Hold up!" Deuce stop, making the other stop with him. Miko suddenly felt a chill ran down her spine, the same feelings she felt when she felt the presence of the ghost of Ramshackle.

"What now?" Ace asked, annoyed.

"There's something there!" Deuce pointed at the darkness, squinting his eyes to see better. Miko could barely see anything, duo to being sensitive to the dark because of her right eye.

"Myah?!" Grimm exclaimed when he saw 2 ghosts coming towards them.

"Hee hee hee hee! Visitors! The first in ten years!" Ghost A laughed 

"Do make yourselves at home... You can stay forever!" Ghost B taunted.

...........................

650 words

...........................

A/N  - I'm in school