Decisions (edited)

I would like to thanks @harrypotter_fan37 for reminding me about some changes that I had to do

---------------------------------------

Having lived in this world, Dumbledore was the first to come out of his thoughts.

"We need to make a decision." Said Dumbledore gently to break their chain of thoughts

"Everyone in the Great Hall will know that some people have appeared and we will need a story to tell them. We have a few options, first being that we tell them the entire truth, I don't think that it will be a good option for various reasons."

"Yes, the entire truth can lead to many unwanted complications that we would rather not involve ourselves with." Salazar agreed

"Indeed," Dumbledore nodded. "Our second option is that we tell them that you are the Founders and have somehow stumbled into the future. This option seems the best as it will explain your lack of knowledge to some of the things and it will ensure that you gain respect and are able to unite the students of Hogwarts."

"Certainly, it will also ensure that people will have a hope that they can win this war against Voldemort." Salazar added

"Does that mean that you are willing to help us in this war?" Dumbledore asked with hope filled in his eyes.

"Indeed yes Professor, it seems that we are here for a long period of time, and we cannot just let people die when there is something we can do about it; and we will also fulfil the prophecy in the meantime." Helga agreed whilst the trio nodded in agreement.

"That is more than what I could ask for. I thank you for this. However there is one more option I can think of. I do not think it is advisable but it can certainly be considered. We have a small group of Witches and Wizards that were or are still fighting with Voldemort's rule. We are not very active but we try to keep Hogwarts and some of the residences safe. We also help in the aftermath of attacks. Maybe we can tell them the entire truth. It will boost their confidence. This group is called the Order of the Phoenix". Dumbledore suggested.

"Professor, that is a good suggestion but I wanted to inquire why you think that it is not advisable that we tell the entire truth to the Order of the Phoenix?." Rowena inquired with a confused look on her face. She couldn't understand why they cannot share this with such a trusted group. Even Godric and Helga seemed confused at this.

However before Dumbledore could reply, Salazar explained, "Because Sirius, Remus, Mr & Mrs Weasley and my parents are also a part of this group." Salazar turned to see his friends' faces before continuing.

"Think over it, they have spent almost twenty years trying to protect what is left of their family. Also they are still mourning us and are trying to get over the fact that their children were killed by Voldemort. Do you think they are likely to just accept us and be happy?"

Salazar paused for a few moments to let them think this over before he continued.

"Amor, I know that your parents will happily accept us, but have you ever thought what helgas mother might feel?" He paused again to give them a chance to contemplate what her mother would feel.

"If I know her, then she will feel two things at one time, she will be extremely happy to see you healthy and alive, but at the same time she will break down thinking that she couldn't save you in this world! Do you want her to go through this?"

"But Sal don't you think that they will want to know us? We are here and we cannot change that, and we cannot hide our realities from them for long, they will come to know at some time. Unless we decide to talk  and act more as the founders, yes we have before but not to such extent" Helga countered