Reflections

In the meantime, while Professor Dumbledore was having his conversation with the reincarnations of the founders, Hagrid, Professors, McGonagall, Flitwick and Snape returned to the Great Hall.

As the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts, Professor McGonagall took her place in the podium and addressed the student population and the rest of the staff members.

"The headmaster is currently assessing the situation that had caused the disturbance a few minutes ago. However, for now I can assure everyone that Hogwarts is not under any sort of danger. You will be briefed about the situation tomorrow. But for now, I request the Prefects and Head Girl and Boy to escort everyone to their dormitories. I am sure everyone is tired from the long journey. So have some rest and we will see you all tomorrow morning at eight thirty here at the Great Hall for breakfast."

Dismissed, the students got up and lead by the prefects, made their way back to their dormitories for the night.

As the Great Hall emptied of the pupils, the teachers gathered around Professor McGonagall, curious about what she really knew. However Professor McGonagall answered their unasked questions.

"When we went out, we found four individuals. They had a strong resemblance to ... certain people. For now I am not sure of their identities. But I can tell you that they are not a threat to anyone and that Albus is currently talking to them. I am sure that Albus will introduce them tomorrow morning. Until then, I suggest that we do not worry and get some sleep. "

Everyone agreed to this and left for their quarters.

As Severus Snape was walking to his dungeons, he found himself recalling the unexpected events of the evening.

He found himself hoping for the impossible.

It wouldn't do to get his hopes up over something so obviously too good to be true, he warned himself sternly. There was after all no way to travel this far in future. Furthermore, he had read history and such a trip was not mentioned anywhere in any of the books. Surely something of this magnitude would be mentioned somewhere! No, he would not allow himself to believe this unless Albus confirmed it.

Deciding thus, the Potions Master continued his journey towards his quarters. Entering his quarters he quickly changed into his night clothes and went to sleep.

Professor McGonagall was walking towards her own quarters and, just as her colleague, Professor Snape, found herself recollecting the events of the evening.

She was not sure what to think and what to believe. She always prided herself in having her beliefs based on verifiable facts. But having the Founders here was just not logical. But the fact remained that there were four people on Hogwarts' grounds today; and it was also a fact that these four people resembled the Founders of Hogwarts.

She mused about the idea till she reached the portrait guarding her quarters. Before entering, she decided to take her own advice and not think too much and wait for Albus to clarify the facts.

Deciding thus she went to her quarters and went to bed.

Rubeus Hagrid was not sure what happened in the evening, but he was sure that Professor Dumbledore will be able to tell them more tomorrow. Thus having full faith on Professor Dumbledore, Hagrid went to sleep.

Filius Flitwick always prided himself with knowledge, he was after all the Head of Ravenclaw house; and the House of Ravenclaw was known for its thirst of knowledge.

However, the event of the evening was something he had never heard of. Thus he decided to re-read as many books as he had on the History of the Founders and see if he can spot anything that might indicate this trip of theirs.

However, not all professors were heading for their quarters. Professors Black and Lupin, the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor and the Arithmancy professor respectively both accompanied their mutual friend, the Transfiguration Master, Professor Potter, and his wife, the Ancient Runes teacher to their quarters.

These four friends made their way quietly, each of them thinking over a few things. However unlike their colleagues, they were not just thinking about the explosion. They believed Professor McGonagall and did not think too much of it.

They were thinking about the school and how there are less fourth to seventh year students than normal. In fact, there were no sixth years at all. They were all thinking about 'Harry' and how he would be in his sixth year, if not for that prophecy and the rat traitor.

Once they reached the quarters, everyone settled down near the fire. No one wanted to begin the gloomy conversation. This had been the routine for the last six years now. Ever since the time when there were no students in one year, as each and every student was killed by Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

Finally after several moments of silence, Lily spoke up

"Do we have any classes tomorrow?"

"No," James replied sullenly. "Minerva has made sure that we have a day off tomorrow. She knew we would want to be with the Weasleys and remember Harry tomorrow."

"Speaking of which," Lupin spoke up, looking at Professor Sirius Black. "Padfoot, have you sent them a message about where we are meeting tomorrow?"

The man in question slapped his forehead. "Merlin, I totally forgot about that. I will send them an owl now, and ask them to meet us at Hogsmeade. I don't know what Albus will reveal tomorrow about those four mysterious individuals and how long will it take. Do you think I should ask them to meet us at lunch or later in the evening around tea time?"

"I think tea time would be fine. That will give us enough time to sort everything out." Answered James

Lily and Remus nodded in approval and Sirius quickly noted the time and place on a piece of parchment and went to send it with an owl.

Whilst Sirius was away, silence fell in the room again. Soon Sirius joined them and after a while everyone retired to their beds without saying anything to each other.

In a deserted looking manor at Little Hangleton, bone chilling laughter was heard, as the owner of the laughter read the contents of a piece of parchment.
———————————————
"Fools, it almost takes the fun out of chasing them and torturing them. Aaah... but I shall not take the pleasure away from you, my dears. Bellatrix, I know how much you enjoy torturing them, so you shall lead the group. Expect six. Have fun dears."

"Yes My Lord, thank you for the opportunity, shall I take everyone who love to torture them?"

"But of course Bella, how can I refuse anyone such amusement? But make sure you don't bring them here, will you?"

"Of course, My Lord, as you wish"