The request and the test (edited)

Breakfast the next morning was a quiet affair in the Great Hall. Every one of the pupils were wondering why Salazar Slytherin had not turned up yesterday with the resident potions master of the school.

Every student was curious and eager to know more about the founder of the Slytherin house. However if you asked some of the Gryffindor students then they would vehemently deny it.

The teachers were another matter altogether. Unlike the students, they knew the whereabouts of the Founder of the house of cunning and ambition. However, in a radical shift from yesterday, when they were determined to ignore Salazar, they were now just as, if not more, curious about the fourth founder.

The subject of everyone's curiosity looked healthy and well after taking numerous potions, and a good night's rest in his beloved chambers. He was currently busy eating his breakfast seemingly oblivious to the attention he was gaining.

As it was a weekend, the students and teachers slowly drifted out of the hall to various parts of the castle.

The founders made their way to the headmaster's office.

When they entered the office they found that the headmaster was accompanied by a majority of his staff and Mr and Mrs Weasley and the marauders with lily. This did not surprise them as they knew that everyone would be curious about the details of yesterday's event and especially Salazar's role in it.

So after conjuring comfortable armchairs for themselves, Salazar opened the conversation for the day.

"I understand that the purpose of this meeting is for me to explain yesterday's events and especially my role in it. Am I right, headmaster?"

"Indeed, my lord."

Salazar started his tale from the beginning when he had gone to his chambers to assess the damage as Professor Snape did not have lessons till evening (Snape confirmed this by nodding).

"As I was walking through the halls I got a bad feeling, as if something wasn't quite right and something bad was about to happen. Now you must understand that I am not a seer but my mother was a seer. Not many knew about that of course."

Not noticing or ignoring the intrigued expressions on the staff's face upon finding out a hitherto unknown fact about him, Salazar continued. "My mother was also good at potions. So when she realised that I had partly inherited her skill allowing me to get only a feeling about the future, she invented a potion.

"This potion is easy to make but recreates the effects of a true seer's vision based on the feeling of a seeker; in this case the seeker would be me. Now yesterday when I got that feeling I decided to brew the potion as soon as possible to know the reason behind this feeling of mine."

"However, owing to the condition of the chambers this was not possible for some time. So, after a few hours, when the potion was finally ready, I used it and saw the ensuing battle in Hogsmead. I recognised the place as it was near the entrance to the Chamber's infirmary that we had created to enable us to transport the injured quickly. Furthermore, I also saw the faces of the teachers of this school."

Salazar paused for few moments before continuing, to drink some water and also to give everyone some time to let the information sink in. Snape seemed very interested in the aforementioned potion. The others were amazed that the infamous founder has some seer blood in him.

Salazar then went on to explain why he didn't call for help and what happened when he reached the scene of the battle. He briefly explained that the attacker was going to use some curse on the only female professor there when Professor Black helped and got hit with sicco curse. He also explained that he cast a volley of spells and the attackers quickly retreated and after their retreat how he put stasis charm on Sirius and Mr Weasley.