18.

I threw open the door and walked out to find Chris and Scott sat on the sofa talking quietly between themselves.
I could see Mason was out back running around with Dodger which i was glad about. Scott saw me first and sat up giving me a smile that fell from his face when he noticed the tears in my eyes. Chris turned so he was facing me, concern etched on his face that quickly resembled fear when i threw the iPad on the seat beside him....the news article still up on the screen.
"Shit...." I heard him mutter under his breath as his head dropped into his hands.
"Im guessing this is what you didnt want me to see?" I said pointing down at the screen.
"I'll leave you two alone...." Scott said as he started to get up.
"No you stay! You're just as bad as he is! You both sat there and lied to my face!"
Scott sighed as he sat back down looking the most uncomfortable i've ever seen him before.
"We didnt want you getting upset over some bullshit headline. You're supposed to be resting and taking time to heal...."
"Stop it! Stop lying to me!" I yelled "Chris just be honest with me.... Did something happen with her while you were there?? what was it? Out of sight out of mind?....."
"God no! Sweetheart nothing happened i swear! I would never do that to you" he stood up and made his way over to me, his eyes filled with tears.
"So tell me what the fuck that is! Because to me that looks very fucking suspicious!"
"Okay. Okay, She asked if i wanted to hang out so i wasnt on my own at the hotel. She's good friends with Michelle, we had spoken before while i was filming Defending Jacob...i didnt see the big deal"
"Even after the hotel photos? Come on Chris you cant be that dumb...."
"Megan and Lily's PR manager thought it would look better if we were seen hanging out after those photo's"
"You realise how fucking crazy that is right?? We literally just released a whole ass article about our family and how happy we are to stop the shit with Lindsey and you think this is good?"
"This is just a mess i cant get out from under"
"This makes you look like you're cheating on me! and for what? a booty call with some British actress??"
"Tell me what you want me to do and i'll do it...."
"I think its a little late for that Chris"
"Y/N nothing happened!" He reached for me and I stepped away so he couldnt touch me "i swear on Mason...."
"DONT YOU DARE!" I pointed at him "you never swear on my baby's life!"
"I didnt mean..... i just meant thats how serious and honest im being here. Baby, nothing happened. I never touched her. There's not a single photo of me touching her, they're making the whole thing into something its not!"
"Its not even the photo's thats got me so pissed off, you wanna know what it is?" I asked feeling the tears run down my face "while you were laying around laughing, having the time of your life in the park with a woman who's not me..... i was here having a miscarriage. Did you know about that before or after those photos huh?"
"Y/N...." Scott tried to interrupt but stopped quickly when i turned my angry and distraught glare at him.
"You were wearing those clothes when you got home so i know it was the same day"
"Scott called while i was out, we left as soon as i found out and booked the first flight home to you"
"Right" i nodded but at this point i found it hard to believe anything he said.
"I think it's best if i leave..... i think we need some time" i found myself saying as i wiped tears from my face.
"No!.... Baby please! Im begging you don't leave me again!" He cried dropping to his knees infront of me and wrapping his arms around my waist "i can't loose you both".
I looked at Scott who was openly crying looking just as distraught.
"You can't just go.... At least sleep on it. Let everyone calm down....." Scott added while wiping away tears.
"Sweetheart please....."
"Fine...."
At that moment Mason came running in with Dodger, Chris stood up quickly hiding the fact he was crying.
"Mom can i have a drink please?"
"Sure baby" i forced a smiled and made my way to the kitchen.
"Mama are you okay? You've been crying, are you hurting again?" He asked gently placing his hand on my stomach. I nodded and smiled at my sweet boy.
"Yeah baby i'm hurting again".
"Do you wanna snuggle and watch Toy Story 2? Will that help you feel better?"
"You know what? I think that will help loads" i smiled down at my beautiful caring boy.

"Do you wanna snuggle and watch Toy Story 2? Will that help you feel better?""You know what? I think that will help loads" i smiled down at my beautiful caring boy

"Y/N....Can I get you a cup of tea or something?" Chris asked breaking the silence. It had been hours since our argument.
"Im good" i mumbled brushing my hand over Masons head, he was currently cuddled up to me fast asleep with his head in my lap.
"I'm gonna take Mason up to bed".
"Let me...."
"I've got him"
"Should you be carrying him right now though...."
"Chris I'm quite capable of carrying my son" I snapped.
"I know" he nodded quickly "I just meant....you've been through a lot, i don't want you hurting yourself".
I rolled my eyes at him before picking Mason up and walking out without a word.

I decided to lay down with Mason so I didn't have to go back out and face Chris, or Scott for that matter. I knew it was kinda childish but I couldn't face it. I didn't feel comfortable being in Chris' home now, maybe it was time for me and Mason to leave.
"Wondered where you had got to" Chris said standing in the doorway of Masons room "started to think maybe you'd left"
"Nope still here" i mumbled.
"Are you coming to bed?"
"I think it's best if I stay in here with Mason tonight...."
"Baby no!" He moaned "please just come out here and talk to me about this? We need to sort this out"
"Let's just leave it for tonight I'm exhausted..."
"Please?"
"Fine" I sighed before carefully climbing out of the bed so I didn't wake Mason.

"Where's Scott?" I asked sitting down on the sofa and pulling the blanket off the back covering my legs.
"Um he left, said we needed some time alone" he said sitting on the coffee table in front of me "y/n I'm so sorry about all this shit, you have every right to doubt me considering what I put you through the first time but I'm not that guy anymore. I love you so much you have to know that? We're building a life together here with our son.... I'd never do anything to loose that again"
"I'm not sure I'm cut out for it Chris"
"For what? Loving me and having a family?"
"No, that's the easy part. It's the shitty headlines I have to keep reading and the rumours of you cheating on me that I can't deal with. I've just had a miscarriage and instead of taking the time I need to get over that I'm dealing with all these headlines about your romantic dates in London! I'm not strong enough to be apart of this life Chris, I keep trying but...."
"Please don't give up on me I'm begging you" he looked at me with tears in his eyes that were so close to falling and my heart broke all over again.

I shook my head wiping tears from my face as I decided I couldn't give up on him. I loved him too much.
But he saw me shaking my head and panicked, I saw the fear on his face as he slipped off the table and fell to his knees in front of me grabbing my hands.
"Baby please don't leave me, I'll do anything....." he looked up me, the tears finally falling.
"I'm not leaving"
"You're not?"
"No"
"You promise?"
"I promise"
Chris sprung up wrapping his arms around me to hold me close, his face buried in my neck as he sobbed.
"Thank you baby, god I love you so much"
"I love you too"
"I'm gonna take a break from working, I just wanna concentrate on you and Mason"
"You don't have to do that...."
"No but i want to. Im in this 100% you and Mason need to come first".

 Im in this 100% you and Mason need to come first"