7.

When we finally arrived at Sue's house Chris walked with me to the front door

When we finally arrived at Sue's house Chris walked with me to the front door... i nearly tripped at one point but luckily he managed to grab my arm and keep me upright! I had whispered a quiet 'thanks' before knocking lightly on her front door. Sue opened the door ushering us inside and leading the way to the living room where i saw Mason curled up on the sofa. He was asleep but he looked white and sweaty, there was a bowl on the floor beside his head incase he was sick again.
"He hasn't been asleep long, i think he wore himself out crying"
"Chris can you get Mason please? I can't carry him like this...."
"Yeah sure, i got him" he quickly moved forward and scooped Mason up into his arms.
"Mama...." Mason moaned looking around for me.
"Im right here baby, your dads gonna carry you out to the car".
"God you weren't kidding bout that fever" Chris added looking down at Mason in concern.
"Im gonna get him home, thanks for watching him Sue"
"Sure thing hon, hope he feels better soon. Here, take the bowl incase he gets sick on the drive home" she smiled passing me the plastic bowl that had been next to Mason.

 The drive home i had Mason cradled against me as he slept, the seat belt going around the both of us being as we had no car seat in Chris's car!! God i felt like a crappy mom tonight!When we got home i sat with Mason on the sofa and stripped him ...

God i felt like a crappy mom tonight!
When we got home i sat with Mason on the sofa and stripped him down to his underwear to try and cool him down.
"Chris could you get me a cold washcloth please, there should be some in the pile of laundry on the table"
"Sure" he rushed off to grab the cloth, Mason was just laying against my chest, whimpering slightly.
"Here you go" Chris passed me the cloth and sat beside us "i got him some water too, he should be drinking plenty of fluids"
"Thanks" i smiled before folding the cloth and laying it over Mason's forehead. He moaned at the coldness but soon settled again clinging onto me, it didn't take long until he was asleep. I sighed in relief and carefully moved forward in my seat so i could lay him down.... i was desperate for the bathroom!! Mason stirred and held on tighter, for such a little thing he had a grip on him.
"Can you try taking him i really need to pee!" I looked at Chris with desperate eyes. He chuckled and managed to pry Mason off of me and into his arms.

While i was in the bathroom i wiped off my make up and tied my hair up before getting changed into my pyjama's.... it was gonna be a long night. Once i was done i headed to the kitchen and made coffee, hopefully it would help sober me up a bit more.
"Ah fuck!" I cursed as i sloshed the coffee onto the floor while making my way back to the living room "i made coffee, you might still have some left if you're lucky"
"Thanks" Chris looked up and smiled, i didn't miss the way he looked me up and down either.
"Does he still feel hot? If his temperature doesn't start to go down soon we'll have to try a lukewarm bath maybe give him some Tylenol...."
"Yeah he's still hot, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse"
"This is so unlike him, Mason never gets sick. I can literally count on one hand the amount of times he's been sick" i shook my head "i'm so close to freaking out right now you have no idea...."
"Calm down sweetheart, he'll be fine"
"Thank you for staying with us, i probably would've been calling my mom in hysterics if you hadn't been here"
"There's no where else id rather be" he said looking down at Mason lovingly.
"Right.... i should probably text Scott let him know we're home" i got up to grab my phone from my purse and started a text to Scott. We had dropped him at his place on the way to collect Mason.
There was a message from Derek on my phone too which i quickly skimmed, he was saying how much he enjoyed meeting me and wanted to know if i wanted to get dinner with him sometime!! I decided i'd reply to him in the morning and put my phone on the table, Mason was the only thing i could deal with right now.