Christmas Eve

I woke up early, much earlier than usual. Today is Christmas Eve! The holidays were such a happy season for me. Since I live alone, I don't look forward to them much. People are blissful when they celebrate together and radiate some magical goodness. It's the only thing that warms my heart on cold winter days. This year, I'm going to decorate the Christmas tree and prepare a fasting dinner. Maybe someone will come by. I spent the whole day shopping and decorating my home. Finally, everything looks like it used to be when I was a child, excited about Christmas decorations. 

The night has long since fallen, children are playing in the snow on the streets. I can hear Christmas carols from the neighborhood. I spent another Christmas night lonely and sad. I'd better go to sleep - I thought when my gaze stopped at the little red box the old lady had given me. 

Should I open it? I wondered what was inside. I was dying to know everything right away, but I was also afraid of what I would find inside. I timidly took the box in my hands and untied a small satin bow. Light began to radiate from the red box. In the beginning, a small amount of light shone through the opening, and then bigger and bigger until it became so dazzling that it filled the entire room with golden misty rays.

Everything around me disappeared. Suddenly, I was not aware of anything.

 I felt cold and opened my eyes. I saw myself sleeping on a wooden bench in the park that I saw for the first time. People were passing by. I took a closer look at them. Their long coats, scarves, and fluffy hair left me speechless. I wouldn't say they live in the 21st century. I cleared the snow from my woolen overcoat and headed towards the city center (or is it just a little more visited part of the city)