Christmas tree

It's been a few days since I've been stuck here. Although the walks and daily conversations with George were something special and enjoyable, I felt uncomfortable. I was tormented by the question of how to get home. For days I searched for the old woman who gave me the box. The woman from the market must have been her. But I didn't see her anywhere again, as if she had disappeared from the face of the Earth. Am I crazy or what? I tried to divert my thoughts from the unusual situation in which I find myself. I thought of Christmas approaching. 

Since I lived with George, I wanted to decorate the house. Fortunately, he agreed. I got all the freedom to make it the way I want it. I would like to rent an apartment, but I do not have any documents with me. 

A beautiful sunny and cool morning dawned. We dressed warmly and went to buy a Christmas tree. I'm used to plastic ones, but George wanted to show me the magic of a real Christmas tree. We arrived at the market. Hardworking traders came a long time ago and exhibited their products. Christmas trees were everywhere. There were even stalls with handmade decorations. Man, how much effort and love it takes to design and make each of these unique decorations! I fell in love with them at first sight. The kind saleswoman showed me the most beautiful ones and I chose a few. I can say that George was delighted with the talent of those who made the decorations. Now it was time to choose a Christmas tree! I had no idea how to choose the right one. I would usually take a plastic one that would serve me for years. George explained to me that the needles should be solid and the Christmas tree should be in the right shape. He helped me and we bought a really big one.

George brought a Christmas tree into the living room. God, it smelled so good! He was right, it was magical! We started putting decorations on it, and Christmas music was playing on the radio in the background. We danced and laughed. Looking for ornaments in the box, our hands touched. I was confused and an avalanche of feelings fell on me in just a split second. We looked at each other confused and it seems that the look of a few seconds lasted for hours. I can't describe the strength of our feelings when our eyes met at a short distance. The magic of the moment seemed to completely enchant us.

 The magic of the moment seemed to completely enchant us

We put garlands on the railing and the display cases. The living room looked solemn, but warm.  It looked more like home. The fire in the fireplace crackled, and night slowly descended over misty London. All we have to do is turn on the lights. George turned them on and the whole room got a special fairytale look.

We sat by the fireplace and enjoyed the results of our work. George took out a little red box and gave it to me.

 - Merry Christmas.

- It's not Christmas yet. What is that?

- An early Christmas present. Open it! he said excitedly. 

"Thank you," I said, opening the box.

 There was a medallion in it. I opened it, and inside was a plaque that said - always believe in a happy ending.I read aloud as tears filled my eyes.

- It's beautiful.

- I wanted you to worry less, know that everything will always end well, you just have to believe in it. 

I kissed him on the cheek in gratitude. He smiled.

 He smiled