Christmas Morning

It was already 11 o'clock when I woke up. Otherwise, I would have been angry with myself for not hearing the alarm clock, but not today. Today is Christmas! I washed my face and went to the living room. George was already there. He looked very cozy sitting by the fireplace.

"Merry Christmas," he exclaimed when he saw me.

"Merry Christmas to you too, George," I said in a cheerful voice.

- I'm going to make coffee, do you want some?

- Won't you open the presents?

- What pre- my eyes then fell on the Christmas tree and a pile of presents under its green branches. - When did you manage to put them under, without me seeing it?

- Well, let's say I have my ways. Ho-ho-ho - he imitated Santa's laughter.

We laughed together.

- Why did you buy me anything? Like it's not enough that you let me live here.

- Relax. It's Christmas! And Christmas presents are part of the tradition, aren't they?

- Okay, you won. But wait for me, I have to get something out of the room.

I ran to the room and pulled out of the closet two nicely wrapped boxes with bows on top. I also took one envelope I prepared last night. I returned quickly, and George looked at me in wonder.I put the boxes and the letter under the Christmas tree.

- Now we can open presents.There were several boxes with my name written on them. I opened them with great excitement.George was delighted with the decorations I made for him myself. He opened the letter. It was a Christmas card in which I described how blessed I was to run into a man as good-hearted as George.

" They're such thoughtful gifts. Thank you so much," he said, hugging me.

"Thank you for the gifts and such touching moments," I said, hugging him back.