Chapter 11

I loved waking up before Astral, because then I got to watch him

I loved waking up before Astral, because then I got to watch him. He'd always push the covers off, exposing his body. And this time we hadn't gotten dressed before we had fallen asleep, so he was exposing himself in all his glory.

I pulled the covers up to his lower back, so he at least was a bit decent, and I still got to watch his back. He had a beautiful back. His shoulders were broad, and his shoulder blades poked out. On his lower back, he had two hills flanking his spine, showing that despite him not being the healthiest, he did still move around.

I gently brushed some hair out of his eyes, but it sprang right back again. He twitched a little and then his eyes opened.

"Hey," he murmured hoarsely. "What're you doing?"

"I just tried to get some hair out of your eyes, but it was determined to stay there."

"It's on my head to taunt me." He closed his eyes again, but lifted his arm, getting on his side rather than laying on his stomach. I moved quickly, so I could be in his embrace. He chuckled and placed a kiss on top of my head.

I had my face very close to his chest and decided running my fingers over his ribs was the best idea in the world. He sighed contently and I couldn't help but smile.

"What are we doing today?" I asked as my fingers slowly made their way to his back, following a valley between his ribs.

"This. Staying in bed. You not putting on any clothes." He urged me to move up a little, so we were facing each other. His hand ran down my body, down to my butt, giving it a squeeze and pulling me close, our bodies flush.

"We should do something more productive with our time, don't you think?" I asked, struggling to keep my voice under control.

"This is very productive," he chuckled and caught my lips with his. He pressed me closer again, deepening the kiss.

It felt like my stomach tried to turn itself inside out. My whole body was tingling, and it was getting progressively harder to breathe properly. I melted into his body. It was warm and safe in his embrace and I loved it.

"Mars," Astral murmured and pulled back. "About the... Thing."

"The thing?" I whispered, my eyes still closed.

"Yeah, the thing about you not being a boy..."

I opened my eyes and hesitantly met his gaze. "What about it?"

"Have you... Figured something out?"

I sighed and hugged him closer, getting my head under his chin. I didn't want eye contact right now. It was easier if he didn't look at me.

"No, but... I liked getting my hair braided. It was nice and I feel pretty."

"You've always been pretty," Astral said softly and gently dug his fingers into my back, massaging it.