Chapter 37

Astral was brushing his hair, looking at his reflection in the mirror

Astral was brushing his hair, looking at his reflection in the mirror. Getting all the hair to co-operate wasn't an easy task, but Zeke had been helping him with easy hairstyles that would protect his hair and still look good.

He let go of parts of his hair, covering the night-sky-eye. Then he sighed and met my gaze through the mirror. "She didn't tell me this would happen."

"There was a lot she didn't tell us," I said and rose from my spot on the pillows and joined him by the mirror, wrapping my arms around him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Do... Do you hate it?" he asked barely louder than a whisper.

"I don't hate anything about you," I murmured and kissed the side of his throat.

"Is it bad I hope I'm still immortal?" He turned around and put his hands on my waist.

"Is it bad if I'm hoping the same?" I smiled a little crookedly.

He smiled and softly pressed his lips to mine. "You've been very supportive despite everything. I really appreciate it."

"Of course. You've never strayed from my side when I needed you. We're in this for the long run, yes?"

Astral softly snorted and kissed me again. "Do you even have to ask? I became immortal for you."

"Oh yes, there was that little detail."

"Little? Mars, my love, there's nothing little about me." He smirked and then winked at me.

I couldn't help but laugh and pulled him back to the pillows. We were basically just sleeping on a pile of them, and I hadn't expected it to be that comfortable, but sun and stars, I never wanted to leave.

The elves were so nice

The elves were so nice. When I had told one of Keefe's brothers about the left-behind rucksack Astral had made for me and how it stored all my remedies, he got working on a new one. And that was infused with magic. It'd never be heavy, and the compartments would never fill – or so he said. I wasn't so sure that was right. Probably a bit of an exaggeration. But the bag was beautiful. Intricate patterns were cut into the wood, and Keefe told me, it was elfish writings put there to protect me. It was also smaller and easier to carry than my previous one. Keefe's brother had taken measurements of my body to make it fit perfectly.