Chapter 35

For some reason, Venus hadn't gotten the hint

For some reason, Venus hadn't gotten the hint. She still wanted us to come to dinner with her. So, we were forced to sit with her every night.

"You have been studying a lot," Venus said.

"Yeah, we're trying to figure out how we get the fuck out of here," Astral replied with a fake glee, smiling sarcastically at her.

Venus sighed and turned to me. "How about you Mars? Studying something fun?"

"How to make acid to melt these chains," I muttered without looking up from my plate.

"Ah," she replied and I heard a soft bump against the backrest of her chair. I glanced up to find her looking a little deflated. "You both want to leave that badly?"

"Take the chains off and find out," Astral growled and held his wrists out towards her.

And that's when things started happening very fast. One second there was a chain around Astral's right wrist and then there was a bronze arrow embedded into the table, having cut the chain right off and fastening it to the table as well.

I stared at it for a good while before turning towards the direction of the arrow. In one of the windows was a person in a cloak with a golden bow. Keefe removed the hood from his cloak, jumping down from the windowsill, and pulling the bow once again. A golden arrow appeared this time.

"Release my friends," he said with an almost polite tone.

Venus seemed entirely dumbfounded but then she snapped out of it. She almost sprung to her feet and summoned something very black with purple lightning surrounding it. She threw the black ball after the elf, but he dodged it gracefully by simply rolling to the side in the air. He looked more like a dancer than a warrior in that moment and I watched him move through the space with awe.

He tightened the bow once again, releasing a golden arrow, hitting Venus in the shoulder. She cried out and threw out her hand, the table flying directly towards Keefe. It never made it far as it burnt into a crisp in seconds.

Astral appeared from behind the smoke, his freed hand encased in green fire. "We're leaving with our friend."

"You're going nowhere!" Venus screamed, her perfect hair for once not so perfect.

Zeke popped up out of nowhere next to me grabbing my hand. "We gotta go. Let the magical freaks take this one."

I was about to cry, and I wanted to hug her so bad, but there was no time. Servants streamed into the room from the two doors on the side of the room.

"I guess that would've been too easy," she growled and held her hands out. Lightning sprung out of her hands, hitting the servants. But they were all mages as well and recovered too fast. One summoned a golden shield and spear, throwing the spear towards us. An arrow flew through the air hitting the spear off course. It landed on the floor with a clatter before disintegrating again.