Chapter 6: To Finlayson!

Song: "Life is a Highway" - Rascal Flatts

        The journey to Finlayson Point Provincial Park was very tedious, but at the same time, now that I think about it, a little interesting. As I mentioned before, the first section we went through was all countryside. It was kind of nice because I'll admit, I kind of like the country. I mean, I'm not totally crazy about it like Aunt Jessie, but yeah. I do kind of like it. All the farms were to our lefts. To our rights was Lake Ontario. Over the lake, the skyline for Toronto was visible.

        Now, I'm going to go ahead and say, I don't believe Lake Ontario should be called Lake Ontario. It should be called Ontario Ocean! No seriously! It did not look like a lake! It looked like an ocean! It was so big that there were even a few tanker ships roaming it! Now, from a bird's eye view, I'm sure it's an entirely different perspective, but from a person's eye view, come on, just call it Ontario Ocean instead of Lake Ontario. It seriously is too big to be a lake.

While in the Excursion, I listened to "Life Is A Highway" and prepared to take a nap. I needed to catch up on my ten hours of sleep.

Just before I dozed off, Uncle Harrison started a conversation about canoeing, and it wasn't long until the others joined it.

I didn't feel like talking. I felt like hitchhiking back to North Tonawanda. There was nothing for me to do on the trip instead get annoyed by all these adults. There wasn't another teenager. All my friends were back in North Tonawanda at the mall. My life was so screwed. That's what I felt like. I thought that if I fell asleep, then maybe I would find myself back home when I woke up. Hey, what if all of this was just a mere dream? I sure hoped it was. I did not want to go to the Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Provincial Park. I yawned and closed my eyes. I said I was going to try to get my ten hours of sleep, right? The thing was, for some reason, I had trouble falling back asleep, even with a soothing lullaby coming from my iPhone. For some reason, temporarily, there was a pinch of nervousness in my body. I felt nervous. Why? Sorry, I can't answer that question. It was just the strangest thing. However, I did manage to sleep a little bit. I managed to sleep through Toronto traffic and a little bit afterward. I woke up to a rock and roll song that blasted from my phone. It was so loud that I yelled, and my eyes fluttered open.

        I jumped in my seat, and Aunt Delia, who sat next to me, said, "Whoa, Kylie!"

I sighed and relaxed. Drool dripped from my mouth, and my hair was in snarls. Embarrassed, I wiped the drool away and ran my fingertips through my tangled hair.

"Good morning, Kylie!" Mom soon spoke, and she peered back to me, "You missed Toronto."

"Toronto?" I asked, "Really?" Mom nodded, and I groaned. Aw, pity. I really wanted to see the Las Vegas of Canada. Oh well, as they all say, there's always next time.

        Once we made it through Toronto, we had three more hours to go before we reached Finlayson, which that was still a long time. During the last three hours of driving, Camp Juniper stopped at a Subway. Here, we took a restroom break and ordered some sandwiches. While here, I actually was told something quite creepy. If curious, read on or continue listening.

        So yeah, we stopped at the Subway, and after our restroom break, all of us lined up and started ordering our subs. Camp Juniper actually let me go first. Oh, so now they were starting to show me, the only kid, some pity? Na hah. I don't think so. I believe they were just playing around and readying themselves to annoy me even more. Well, they were succeeding.

I hid my annoyance while I ordered. I asked for provolone cheese, but then I soon learned that Canada didn't have any. I kept on forgetting that I was in Canada, not the United States. Since they didn't have the cheese I wanted, I instead just ordered mozzarella. Keep patient, my fellow audience, I'm almost at the creepy thing I was told in the Subway. I had to wait for the others after the cashier packed my sub because Number 1: I was broke, and Number 2: Dad had all the money. I accepted my sub and propped up on the countertop. This was where it happened.