Chapter 24: Playing With Fire

After Mickie and Desmond confessed their feelings, They were both worried and were talking about Trish, No one wanted to break her heart or make her sad. If there was a time to tell, Desmond and Mickie were trying to be prepared for that moment.

The conversation changed as Desmond and Mickie were talking about their engagement and other plans.

Mickie: So I know we just started "dating" but since we are engaged, I'm thinking about moving into a rich, Expensive apartment.

Desmond: Apartment? I thought you wanted to buy a mansion?

Mickie: Come on Desmond, Its not like I have to keep staying in that rich life, My Father also once stayed in an apartment despite how rich he was.

Desmond: Oooh, I see then.

Mickie: Yeah and I actually feel like I should book an apartment in Golden Bliss.

Desmond: Ahh I heard of that! It's really expensive and it has really good rooms.

Mickie: Thats right, Do you agree to stay there with me? If you want I can choose something else.

Desmond: No, Golden Bliss is actually good. We can buy an apartment and stay there.

Mickie: Thats awesome! I'll book it and let you know. It has good cleaning service too.

Desmond: Thats nice actually. I'm already excited about this.

Mickie: *Smiles* Me too.

The Couple talked more together and were laughing. They already seemed really happy together.

Sometime Later, Mickie had to go back to the mansion and talk to her father as Desmond was looking around before he had a thought on his mind.

( Me and Anthony still have some unfinished business. I'll give him a visit since that dirtbag tried to run me over. . .)

He was a little upset as He decided to check the old terrortory's as they say. Desmond left and was making his way.

Sometime Later, Desmond was passing by in the street as he went through the alleyway and came back as He was back at the same place where he met Anthony's thugs for the first time.

Crowe went around the place and walked towards an area and noticed no one was there.

Desmond: Well. . Where's everyone?. . . Bingo?

Desmond looked around until he smelled alcohol as He crinkled his⁹ nose.

Desmond: Urgh, I think they're here.

He was looking around as Crowe continued walking until he heard talking as He decided to eavesdrop

Thug: What do we do about that, Brat?

Thug2: The one our Boss is talking about? I wish I could skin him alive.

Thug 3: Our Boss deserves to be with that women, Not him.

Thug 4: Boss did say that he wanted to try kidnap her.

Desmond's eyes were widen as He continued listening.

Thug 2: Not exactly Kidnap her, He just wants to marry her. He set a plan that when he does and that Desmond guy gets in our way, He is going to ournumber Desmond.

Thug: Thats true, I just want to get my hands on him.

Desmond was getting angry, He didn't want Mickie to get kidnapped as He snapped his fingers as They all turned and saw Desmond as They were shocked.