𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

⏤ 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥

⏤ 𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥

"Go away!"

Emerald throws a sort of tool to the slightly older kids, them running their mouth on profanities as they all run off when Emerald picks up a wrench the size of her head. Dropping the wrench, Emerald quickly rushes to grab Viktor's cane to then run to Viktor, helping him up. 

"I'm alright," Viktor speaks, his accent lacing with his words.

Emerald shakes her head, her heart heavy as she only hugs Viktor's small frame when he is up and able to hold himself. She feels Viktor's chest rumble with his small chuckle, hugging small Emerald back. 

"I told you," Viktor's voice is soft, "I am well-alright."

Emerald pulls back slightly, nodding as she ruffles Viktor's hair. Using his cane, Emerald watches Viktor walk back to the small station that is his 'office', as he likes to call it. Emerald did not understand Viktor's fascination with science, and quite interestingly, found herself trying to learn as to keep up with Viktor's tensive vocabulary. 

Viktor glances back, motioning to Emerald to come closer as she does, standing next to him as she looks to the emerald stone with such beauty. "I found these near the bay rocks, could you believe it?"

Emerald shake her head, picking one up softly as she looks to the moonlight gleaming to it ever so, "it is just like your name; Emerald."

"It's pretty."

The ten-year-old girl misses the look the twelve-year-old boy gives her, astounded at the fact that she had spoken. They had been together since time could remember, and it was always a memory to hear Emerald speak when it comes to Viktor.

He thought of her a younger sister.

"It is."

Emerald gives the stone back, Viktor taking a look to it as he begins to pick at his notebook once more, Emerald finding herself in boredom even though she tries her best to stay at pace with Viktor's thought process of logic. 

He chuckles, "go off and have fun. I'll be here, I promise."

With a big grin, Emerald kisses the side of Viktor's head as she runs off. Although the Undercity is a dangerous city to lurk around in at night, Emerald knew all the stops and turns to master herself where she wouldn't find harm. 

But, as she turns a corner, she finds herself running heads with another person, being thrown onto the ground as her head begins to ring.

"Shit."

Wincing, Emerald hears the other person as she gets up, holding her, now, throbbing head as she opens her eyes to find another girl. What strikes her attention? "Pink hair."