𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆. 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘵

⏤ 𝘷𝘪

⏤ 𝘷𝘪

Her foot taps profusely, the only sound being made although, within her own mind, Vi could hear the solace of echos of everyone she has loved. Guilt begins to consume her, not of breaking into that damn penthouse, but of not saying her version of goodbye to Emerald.

She couldn't.

Looking into Emerald's gorgeous green eyes would only damage Vi into making her final decision. God, how Emerald is nothing, but gorgeous. Her black hair reaches her shoulders, it being straight with those damn golden bars allowing Vi seeing every single feature of that woman's face.

The already tinted cheeks aligned with freckles, her green eyes sparkling as they match the Undercity's tone with such grace. Vi couldn't care any less about her figure, and rather, adored the passion Emerald had when pertaining it. They had both worked out, it taking a while for Emerald to get used to Vi's rigorous routine, but Emerald continued.

She thinks she loves the girl.

The way she can take care of herself.

The way she is with their friends.

The way she calls Vander 'father'.

The way she is always with Powder.

Her touch, her voice, her⏤

"You are a goddamn, dumbass!"

Vi's eyes snap open, seeing Emerald slam the door closed to Benzo's shop as Vi stands up quickly, "Emerald, get out."

"No! No, absolutely not! You think I'm dense, you think I wouldn't have figured it out⏤ the hell you are going to Stillwater. Stillwater my ass!"

Vi sighs, "please, we need this to blow over or people will get hurt⏤ people with riot⏤ people will die."

"I don't want you taking that sacrifice⏤ I don't give a shit how selfish that is, you are not leaving."

Vi places her palm onto Emerald's face, "god, you're so fucking gorgeous."

Emerald lets out a breath, "please, don't leave me."

Vi kisses Emerald's forehead softly, "go, princess, go take care of Powder for me."

Vi's heart crushes into pieces beyond repair when Emerald begins to cry, holding onto Vi's shirt as she sobs into her chest. This is why Vi didn't want to say bye to her. This is why Vi didn't want to say fucking bye.

'I love you,' Vi mouths the words, holding Emerald as they both snap to the door when hearing heavy footsteps.

The door opens, Vi immediately moving Emerald behind her until⏤ "Vander?"

Vander walks in, sighing, "we don't have much time."

"Where did you find me?"

Emerald scoffs, "not all dumbasses," she mutters, Vi rolling her eyes as Vander holds onto Vi's shoulder as well as Emerald's.