Chapter 2: Fort Bodint Community College

After a half an hour, Slider and Mariel arrived in the town of Fort Bodint. It was similar to Electric City, except minus the high technology, mostly focusing on a more upscale design for the town. It was then they found the building that this Comic-Con would take place, The Fort Bodint Community College. 

"Welcome To the annual Comic-Con! Entry for two is $5!" A volunteer said. Mariel and Slider paid the $5 entry fees and headed inside. The two were wowed at how stunning the college looked. Beautiful glass windows with black pillars, and a nice ambient aesthetic to it. "Guess I found my dream college." Mariel chuckled. "I hear ya." Slider replied in awe. They both went on to take a look at the different vendors that were opening small shops for attendees to check out. A lot of the items were custom made but there were a few people selling DVDs and even VHS tapes! But one vendor caught Mariel's eye.....

There was a man, likely around his early to mid 30s, selling comic books of all kinds. There was a certain comic book that piqued the interest of our female protagonist. It was a Bob's Burgers comic with a cover showing Louise holding what seemed to have been a spell book and aiming it at the sky. With various shadows of souls shooting up with a beam of light. "How much for that comic, sir?" Mariel asked. The man looked at her, and then at the comic. "This one was a very limited release, so it may be a little pricy..." He said grabbing the book. "Could you elaborate? I'm really curious..." Mariel questioned raising an eyebrow. "Well...This book was allegedly recalled less than a week after its release... Apparently there's some curse that it holds..." The man said. "Are you SURE you want this comic?" he asked. Mariel nodded. "Alright.... I'll charge you $30 for it, since you seem nice." The vendor said handing Mariel the comic book while she exchanged the money. "Just be careful with that thing." He said as the two left.

Mariel was looking at the cover of the comic. "I wonder what he meant by curse...." She muttered to Slider. "Maybe it could lift the curse of Matt's stupid holiday." Slider smirked. The two shared a laughed and made their way to the other vendors for the next few hours. After that, they both went to grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants.