Chapter 8: El Escapo

Shannon arrived at the local prison just outside of Millstone, there were barely any guards due to Millstone being a very rural town and the fact that they could care less about law and order. So this would be a piece of cake. 

Inez sat in the prison cell, shaking the bars hoping that a single screw could come out loose. It was then she was greeted by small rocks hitting her in the back of the head. "Hey, watch it- Oh...its you." She scoffed. "Look, I know the situation looks uh....pretty bad right now but hear me out." Shannon said before Inez looked away in anger. "Why should I listen to some framing dweeb?" She growled. Shannon went on to explain his intentions, with the company of a few small lies that the money he stole was for his family, who were "homeless" at the time. Inez eventually caved in and listened to his plan.

Later that night, Mariel broke into the inmates rooms where everyone was locked up for the night. "Inez! Over here!" she whispered getting her friend's attention. "There you are, Mariel!" Inez responded quietly. "I'm sure you've heard from Shannon about what's going on." Mariel said before telling her friend to step back. She then pulled out a chainsaw and got to work. "Where are the others in all of this?" Inez said covering her ears. "Matt is distracting the already retarded guards. Joseph and Shannon are working on getting everyone back to safety and preserving that comic book as somewhat of a historical piece." Mariel responded finally breaking the iron bars from the door. "Now come on, dammit. We need to get out of here!" She muttered helping Inez out of the cell. 

Meanwhile, Joseph was instructed to go to the last page in order to create a portal. "Are you SURE this is going to work?" He asked as Shannon went searching Inez's USB port on the computer. "Just a second!" Shannon responded before stumbling upon a snapshot of instructions on how to create the portal. "Call Mariel and Inez. I have the instructions." Shannon commanded. Joseph ran to grab his cellphone and call his girlfriend. "Never doubt my intelligence, my good man." Shannon said cracking his knuckles and placing his legs on the desk. It was then that a loud bang was heard from the living room. Inez and Mariel had burst through the front door and made their way to the bedroom. 

"Welcome back, ladies. Joseph and I are working on making the portal." Shannon said. Mariel and Inez nodded before overhearing Joseph reading the last line from the comic, it was a chant of sorts that Louise said at the end of the comic, the chant was supposed to take her and her siblings back to the real world and seal their fate for eternity. 

Oh dear spirits, please listen to me. 

I want these people to be free.

We don't want to just sit here and roam.

Send us a portal so WE CAN GO HOME!

A blue portal then opened up. "Its time...." Joseph sighed holding the comic in his hand.