II

Ten minutes later, the hotel room reeked of cremated popcorn.

Literally, all that was left in the bag was buttered black dust.

Camila and Dinah had a brief funeral for the lost kernels before deciding that the air was contaminated and unlivable due to souls that were currently haunting Camila for their mass murder and evacuated the room.

"Okay but seriously I left you alone for five minutes. How'd you manage to turn popcorn into particles?" Dinah asked, trying to wave away the lingering smell of death as she stepped into the hallway.

Camila walked out behind her coughing and pulled the door closed. "Technically they were already particles. I just assisted in their separation." Dinah scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Now they can be their own person. Live there own lives. Settle down, have kids, fulfill the Popcorn-American dream. I'm a hero y'know." Camila grinned proudly when Dinah started laughing.

"It's too bad you killed them all though, Chanch. They had such a bright, buttery future ahead of them but you just had to add another zero on the timer. I hope you know you're responsible for a mass genesis."

Camila blinked and stared at Dinah for a moment. Genesis?

"You mean Genocide?" she asked, pressing her lips together to keep from laughing. Dinah narrowed her eyes and flushed.

"Oh, shut up." She huffed. Camila laughed, grabbed her hand and started leading her to the elevator.

"C'mon Bubba, let's go and bother Laurmani." Dinah brightened immediately at the ship name, even going as far as squealing.

"OMG what if we walk in on them?" Camila chuckled at the younger girls excitement as she pressed the button to call the elevator. She glanced up at Dinah, taking in the enthusiasm and utter thrill on her face.

"You ship them so hard, don't you?"

"That shouldn't even be a question like have you seen them together? They're all heart eye emoji's and kissy faces and their obvious love for each other gives me life man! Its like Camren 2.0!" Dinah gushed, bouncing the balls of her feet. Camila did a hybrid of a scoff and a laugh and pushed Dinah into the elevator. Once they were in, she slithered her arms around the girl's waist, hugging the side of her body and placing her head in the crook of her neck. Dinah reacted immediately by bringing an arm around her shoulder and pressing the button marked 18.

"What about Normally? Or Alren? I thought you liked them too." The Cuban continued the conversation with an amused smile, already knowing the answer.

"Of course I like them. In fact, I freaking love them. There are too many possible ships within the five of us, no wonder our fans are so emotional. I'd be too if I had to watch us all act like we're in a polygon- polyramo- polygaram- poly..." she paused and pursed her lips together in slight concentration, taking a breath before she started again. "When we act like we're in a polygamous relationship."

Camila grinned, proud that the girl had found the right word and rewarded her with an actual kiss on the cheek. With a grin of her own, Dinah blushed at the contact and stepped off the elevator, her arm still sling around Camila's shoulders.

They spent the rest of the walk to the pair's room in comfortable silence. They hadn't talked about the almost-kinda-maybe-barely their kiss they shared back in the contaminated room but both of them were currently fine with that. When they got to Lauren and Normani's room, Dinah took out a spare key card.

"Where the hell did you get that?"

The taller of the two just smirked and kissed the side of her face. "Don't worry your pretty lil' head about it."