XIV

A/N: TBH i'm only updating again so I can go on a rant about how fucking amazinf Work From HoME IS?Have you seen the video???? Have you seen the girls???? THERE ARE WOMANS NOW LIKE FUCK NORMANI SLAYED ME, ALLY SLAYED ME, LAUREN SLAYED ME AND DINAH JUST JFC I LOVE THEM ALL WHAT THEY ACTUAL FUCK. SEEING THAT VIDEO MADE ME SO HAPPY I BUSTED OUT A FILLER CHAPTER FOR Y'ALL FUCKING ENJOY.

Flower crowns were hard to make 

Like super hard

Like, who the hell lied and made this shit look easy, type of hard.

"Babe maybe we should look online-"

"No, I got this." Normani cut her off, focusing on tying the last two stems together.

It's been 30 minutes and the two girls were sitting cross legged on the bed, facing each other. All around them were flowers from Lauren's bouquet, sorted out by color and name. Normani had her brows furrowed in concentration as she hunched over the work in progress, making a mess while she did so.

Lauren rolled her head back and sighed. "God, I swear you're like a guy who won't stop and ask for directions."

"I am not like that." She huffed. "I know exactly what I'm doing it just... This is just a long and grueling process and- HA! I did it!"

Normani proudly held up a misshapen mess of a green circle. There weren't even any buds or petals on it. Just leaves and stems and pain.

"That's..." Lauren bit her lip when she saw the shy pride in the girl's eyes and finally let a genuine smile come to her lips. "That's beautiful babe."

Normani beamed and set the crown down in her lap. She grabbed a white rose from one of the piles and cleared her throat.

"Lauren Michelle, remove thy current headwear." Lauren bit back a laugh at the ridiculous accent Normani was using, it being somewhere between a haughty queen of England and a southern belle. With a roll of her eyes, she played along anyway and took of her beanie.

"L.M. Jauregui, princess from the Kingdom of beautiful eyes, pretty smiles, and unwavering intelligence," Normani paused a moment to smile at the blush in the girls face and picked up the crown in her lap. "With this crown, made from love, irritation and a few curse words, I dub thee eligible for courtship." A light laugh escaped Lauren's lips but she bowed her head anyways, proud in receiving the misshapen crown.

"This white rose represents my promise to you," Normani started seriously, holding up the flower. "I promise to always be your best friend, no matter what happens. I promise to be honest and always tell you if something is wrong. And In our courting Lauren Michelle, I promise to spend every moment set on making you laugh that beautiful laugh and smile that beautiful smile."

Lauren's cheeks started to hurt from grinning so hard and she had to cover her mouth with her hands for a moment.

"Thank you, your highness." She said, putting a fist to her heart in honor "I receive your blessing and promise, and hereby swear to this crown, that I will court you so freaking hard."

Normani tilted her head back in laughter and Lauren couldn't help but to her giggle along with her.

"I swear to always stick by your side," The girl continued, still grinning "To forever be your best friend and number one supporter. I swear to love you, fight for you, and listen to you always. But most importantly, I swear to never give up on you Normani Kordei Hamilton, princess from the Kingdom of beautiful minds, kind hearts and killer abs."