27. The Balance

".........It's not all on you......"

Pete:

We came back to cafe after a long walk to see P'Mish and P'Ram playing chess. While P'Ock was cheering for P'Ram, P'Sib and P'Rey are cheering for P'Mish. We joined the cheer team too, Kao cheered for P'Mish as expected while I took P'Ram's side, It was a neck to neck game which thankfully ended with a draw. 

"So, you have board games too here?" Kao questioned P'Sib. 

"Yes, You would have known if you were here often..." P'Sib pouted.

"Hmmm... It's not my fault, Pete is always busy...." He accused me pointing a finger at me. 

"Hey!!!, P'Sib, I always wanted to come visit you, But Kao was very afraid to face you...." I sent the ball back to Kao's court. 

Now he pouted too... those siblings pouting together made everyone around fascinated including me. 

Dave placed a plate full of deserts in between them and all of us took it as our cue to leave them to let them talk alone.

We waited for nearly 30 minutes before they both walked out smiling. Kao came to my side and I immediately took his hand. 

"Can't you guys stay for a little while?" P'Sib requested. 

"We wish we can Sib, We will keep visiting now anyway, so don't you worry..." P'Mish assured.

P'Sib nodded... "Do try to visit for the anniversary, you are my special guests..."

"Yes, You are the judges of our new menu..." P'Rey added as he passed a pack of deserts to P'Ram and another one to me. 

"Ofcourse, Also think about the collaboration we talked about Sib, Trust me it's going to be great...." P'Mish suggested and hugged P'Sib before leaving with P'Ram. 

I waved at them as they  left and turned to P'Sib.... "We will get going too..." 

"Pete, I can already see that you are a great guy, And I also know that Hin has grown up now.... I wish you both all the happiness, Understand and communicate well, So your relationship can get stronger and beautiful...." P'Sib requested.

"P, I will do my best to always keep Kao happy..." I assured. 

"No, Pete, It's not all on you, A relationship needs balance, Which is why you need to understand each other well, only then will you know what exactly his happiness is, And Hin will know what your's is...." She explained..... "And then communication is the key, Always keep that in mind..."

I looked at Kao, who is looking proudly at his sister. 

"I will bare that in my mind P'Sib, I won't Thank you for being the best sister, but I do want to thank you for the advice...." I hugged her. She hugged me back whole heartedly. 

"You remember that too Hin, Don't always assume, Communicate and understand..." 

Kao nodded...."I know that now...." He also hugged her tightly... "I can never ever forget today Puy...."

"Me too, And I am going to give you a surprise visit soon too, so be on your guards..." 

We both chuckled at her warning.... "Bye then..." 

We bid goodbye and headed out but she held Kao's hand... "Wait... Tell me which menu you liked the most before you leave...."

Kao sighed... "Hin's favourite... always... " he hugged her again as she smiled. 

"What about you Pete...?" She then faced me. 

I looked at Kao.... "Pink Muffins for me.... They have right amount of sweet and melts in the mouth...." she smiled and nodded before waving us away.