CHAPTER 1: EPILOGUE

It's a usual event where my family and all my relatives will come to the main house; my grandma and grandpa's house, for a simple dinner and catch ups.

I actually don't like to come and just want to locked myself in my room but my parents don't agree since the dinner don't happen often.

It's also been awhile since I've been there, I think I was 3 years old since the last time I've been there.

Usually, Grandpa and Grandma was the one who's visiting our house to see me and my parents. Now, I'm 7 years old. Even though my memory is good, there's so many things that have been change in the mansion so I might get lost if I wonder around alone.

I didn't thought that in a simple dinner, I will saw a little cute angel holding a book. I look at him intently and I think he felt my stares that's why he looked up to me.

I saw his eyes widen and looked at me for a few seconds. When my lips turned up, he immediately blinked in embarrassment and hold his book up to his face so I can't see him anymore.

The smile on my lips faded, I was about to walk closer to him when my parents pulled me.

They're talking with my Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Joe. Even though they're talking to me like a child, I keep on stealing glances on that guy wearing a cute eyeglasses.

Suddenly, my Aunt Sylvia called someone. When I saw who it is, I immediately focus on her and him.

But when I heard him called him; "Mom", my brows furrowed.

Since when did my Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Joe have a child?

"Aria, this is my son Irvine. Son, this is your cousin, Aria." Aunt introduced us with with other.

I look at my Mom with my forehead creased, my Mom nodded at me with a smile.

I look at the guy, Irvine who's hands have been offered to me but I look back at my Mom again and asked;

"Mom, since when did Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Joe had a child?"

With just one question, everyone shut their mouths and look at me as if I've made a worst sin.

"Aria!" Mom called me like how she used to be when I've done something wrong.

"I-It's Fine, Ariel. She's just a child, she don't know anything." Aunt Sylvia stopped my Mom when she's about to scold me.

I saw Uncle Joe comforted her. I look so confused and just focus my eyes on him.

I was shocked to see his eyes filled with tears that was about to fall.

"I'm adopted." he said and run back to his seat and block his book on his face.

I don't know why but I think I'm happy.

My Mom still scolded me for asking something I shouldn't. But I ignored it and just walk to Irvine's seat.

"Come with me." I said while looking at him.

His hair was a bit long and his eyeglasses was hindering me to see his face. But I know he's crying.

He stayed still.

"If you didn't follow me, I'll grab your book so they can see you crying like a baby."

I felt him stiffed and suddenly trembles.

That's when I started walking to the garden. To the part where it's a bit dark and only the moon giving light to see our paths.

I could feel him following him. I also could hear him sniffing. When I saw the tree; the only thing I remembered about the mansion when I was 3.

I seated on the ground and layed my handkerchief to the side were I was sitting and looked up to him who's giving me a confused look.

"Sit" I command.

I saw him hesitate before sitting beside me, were my handkerchief is.

He was about to asked me something when I speak first.

"It's good that you stop crying already."

His mouth open wide and immediately close it in embarrassment.

I turned my body till I'm infront of me.

"You can't cry about something so simple. From now on, you can only cry for me." I said and hold my hands up to wiped the tears that stayed on his face from crying earlier.

I saw him blush and pulled his body away from me. I pulled him back before he could do it.

"W-what are you doing?"

I just look at him and stand up. He's till seating and looking up to me.

"It's good that you're not my real cousin. I like a cute husband in the future." my lips curled up before I turned my back on him and walked inside the mansion.