CHAPTER 1: His Birthday

Ever since I met him on the mansion, I can't get him out of my mind. His little cute face have been appearing so suddenly and wanted to see him right away.

After that night, when we got home, Mom scolded me severely. But that's not what I want to know. I let her finished scolding me before asking so many things... that was connected to him.

"When did Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Joe adopted him? Why didn't I know?" I asked while looking at mom with curiosity.

My Mom's mouth widen a little because of my question.

They all know that I don't talk alot and doesn't care about anything that wasn't so important on my point of view.

"They adopted Irvine in the orphanage when he was 5 years old. He was so young at that time but ever since then, he already know that he was adopted." Mom explained patiently.

"But! You can't just say it to him or to your Aunt and Uncle's face. Do you hear me? Sometimes, you need to care about other's feelings. You can't just say what's on your mind without thinking if it might hurt others." she added, teaching me what was right.

"I was teach to asked if I was confused with something." I said while looking at Mom as if I didn't do wrong.

I saw Mom faceslapped herself and sighed in defeat. I also heard my father laughed at my answered the reason why Mom shot him a glare.

"They're leaving in the mansion with grandma and grandpa, right?" I asked again.

"Yes. They've been living there for 2 years already. They live there when you're Uncle's business got bankrupt and needs to sell properties to pay debts. Their house was one of them so they sell it." Dad was the one who explained it to me.

Mom nodded and continued.

"When you grandparents hears about it, they immediately contacted your Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Joe to live with them since they already old and wants company in the big mansion."

I just nodded, telling them I understood.

"Alright, it's pretty late already. Go to sleep now." Dad said before holding Mom on her waist and guiding her to their room.

"Last question." I said that made them stop and look at me with confusion.

"Which school is he studying at?"

Mom and Dad look at each other and suddenly laughed.

My forehead creased, confused on which part of my question was funny for them.

"He's the same school as you and on fourth grade already." Mom said before telling me to go to sleep already.

I nodded but I heard Dad said something about him before they get into their room.

"That little boy was smart and excelling in his studies. Ah, how I hope our son is like him. I think he get his stubbornness in you."

I heard a slap sound and a screamed out of pain before the door closed.

"Just by looking at him, I could tell." I whispered before going to my room and lay on my bed.

Before, I don't like coming with my parents to the mansion of my grandparents but now, I am even asking them to visit my grandparents.

But that was just my excused. I just want to see him and how's he doing.

When we get there, I saw him under the tree where I pulled him that night. He was holding a book and he looked so focus on it that he didn't notice that I was there.